Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

molly!
Student
Student

NvQ level 5 upgrade to Level 6

Post by molly! »

Hello good people !

I am a bit confused on this one so any help would be great (although I bet this has been asked a thousand times I cannot find the answer)

I passed the NVQ H&S level 5 in 2016 but now my colleague's are doing NVQ dips level 6 - I really would like to upgrade mine to level 6 without having to do the whole thing again and I cannot consider the nebosh dips as I am not wired for that hahaha! Has anyone got any advice as NVQ Shields-BSC- and others cant give me a straight answer?

Thanks
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: NvQ level 5 upgrade to Level 6

Post by WillPool »

Hi Molly :wave:

Sorry I cannot give you an answer either, I know a colleague who is in the same boat as you and in all honesty he ended up forgetting about upgrading to Level 6 NVQ and went down the Masters route.

It does seem strange when even the providers of the course cannot give reasonably straight forward ansers ../.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
molly!
Student
Student

Post by molly! »

I think they wanted to be on the parr with the nebosh Diploma leaving us who had passed it pre 2018 in limbo and at a disadvantage to these newbies !! - I believe it is due to having a new section were proof of passing the unit enters you directly to the GradIOSH route - !! Very annoying poor form from the NVQ system !!
molly!
Student
Student

Post by molly! »

Hi

I just had some feedback off a company who said you can upgrade this IF you had done it within the last few years - a few extra modules and a CPD

This is with the governing body proqual - my argument was all the modules are the same so why are these noobs getting a higher grade than I am 1! :? :? :? :D .salut

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy