Construction Site Contact Details

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

AGJ

Construction Site Contact Details

Post by AGJ »

Morning all,

I've been questioned by someone recently regarding displaying contact information for construction sites on the entrance, so members of public can get in touch.

The person who has raised this is stating that it is a HSE requirement, I'm not aware of this and can't find anything regarding it. Whilst I understand it may be good practice or part of the considerate constructors requirements I don't think this is law.

Has anyone come across this before??
Coldrop
Major Injury
Major Injury
Industry Sector: Construction,RC Frame,Civils & Utilities

Re: Construction Site Contact Details

Post by Coldrop »

I’ve never been asked before but All my sites display company logo and daytime contact details, also the out of hours contact number which is usually the security company. It’s standard practice as emergency contact may be required
Intellectuals solve problems but Geniuses prevent them!
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Not sure if they are thinking of the F10 (CDM Regs)??

It has to be displayed but usually within the office.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
grim72
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: goodtogosafety
Industry Sector: Safety inspection systems

Post by grim72 »

I wonder if someone is confusing this with streetworks? Extract below is from the old Safety at Street Works and Road Works A Code of Practice

"An information board must be displayed at every street and road works site except mobile works, short duration works and minor works that do not
involve excavation. Information boards are still highly desirable at these sites where it is safe and practicable to provide them. This board should be placed so that it does not obstruct footways or carriageways but can be clearly read by pedestrians, and any drivers who have stopped close to the board. The information board must give the name of the organisation undertaking the works, any principal contractor and an emergency contact telephone number. Wherever practical, it should also contain other information that will be helpful in explaining to the public why the work is being done, how long it will take and a message apologising for inconvenience".

Or see section D4.15 of the Traffic signs manual chapter 8 part 1 road works and temporary situations: designs which gives similar advice
Grim72
Good to Go Safety - Providing you with a safer workplace

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy