Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Towsey
Student
Student

HSE TRAINEE INSPECTOR JOBS

Post by Towsey »

Hi all

I have seen a lot of talk on the forums past and present about how hard it is getting your foot in the door with health & Safety Jobs.

Anyone in this situation, please look at the HSE website. I think there are 42 - 46 positions as a trainee health and safety inspector. £30000 a year whilst training and I think at the end of it when you are trained it goes up to £38000 a year. They put you through your diploma as well.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/news/index.htm

Thanks

Towsey
CAD
Student
Student

Re: HSE TRAINEE INSPECTOR JOBS

Post by CAD »

Deleted
Last edited by CAD on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extankman
Industry Sector: Construction

Post by Extankman »

I also suspect that a lot of people with a level 6 or higher qualification are already earning more than the salary listed for the role, and so there is no incentive to change for a lot of people.
Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Post by Waterbaby »

Some very good comments on Linked-In to this ad, similar to your observations Extankman ;)

https://www.linkedin.com/company/health ... executive/

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

Extankman wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:03 pm I also suspect that a lot of people with a level 6 or higher qualification are already earning more than the salary listed for the role, and so there is no incentive to change for a lot of people.
Depend if the variety of work and the Civil Servant other benefits are attractive enough. Decent pension for starters.
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

DJSCOT90
Student
Student

Post by DJSCOT90 »

I have all the requirements to apply for this role and there is availability in my area.

Does anyone have any experience working directly for the HSE or civil service?

Is this a good opportunity?

Thanks,
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

Extankman wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:03 pm I also suspect that a lot of people with a level 6 or higher qualification are already earning more than the salary listed for the role, and so there is no incentive to change for a lot of people.
Further to my earlier comment, don't forget that these are Trainee roles, not qualified H&S Roles, so not aimed at anyone who has a H&S Level 6 qualification.
See here: https://www.savethestudent.org/student- ... egree.html
The current average graduate salary in the UK is just shy of £23,000, but we've also heard folk reporting everything between £16,000 and £90,000!
A typical starting salary for a Museum Curator is around £18,000, but with potential to earn top dollar later in your career.
Going for a more digital art approach has the potential to offer you a higher salary. Graphic and digital designers and are much in demand these days due to everything shifting online, meaning that although a graduate salary could start between £15,000–£19,000, it can rise to £27,000 once you've got a bit of experience.
So if you've got a 2:1 in English, Drama, Geology or anything else, you've proven you can hopefully study to the level required to get your DipNEBOSH in their 2 year training programme. Sounds a good offer to me when so many graduates are on less, with many working in low paid careers totally unrelated to their degree anyway.

Waterbaby wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:13 pm Some very good comments on Linked-In to this ad, similar to your observations Extankman ;)

https://www.linkedin.com/company/health ... executive/

WB

Are there? .scratch
I got bored reading all the comments from idiots who either
A) couldn't read it properly/understand it was a trainee role, not a qualified recruitment advert, or
B) were moaning about either not having a 2:1 or
C) couldn't understand why they had set the proven ability to study to a decent level as a criteria.....
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy