Moderator: Moderators

Safetyrail
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Utilities

Return to Work Form

Post by Safetyrail »

Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone is well, sorry it's been a long while since I last visited.

I'm really looking forward to being part of the community once again if you'll let me.

I've recently started a new role where I'm office based and must say I find it much better than being pulled from pillor to post.

As a result of the move, I'm heavily involved in setting up all the procedures, systems, etc. from the start which is really nice to start with a clean sheet as such.

One topic that I'm working with HR on is the development of a "Return to Work" form. We are thinking about the a section where the individual is returning to work as a result of an injury or ill health and the stages where I would need to get involved. Would you please have any examples of forms where you have this as a requirement within the form?

Best Regards

SR
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Return to Work Form

Post by Alexis »

Hello and welcome back to the fold Safetyrail. .cheers

Great to see you again and fantastic that you have found a job to suit. congrats

Until others come in, there is a form in our main site pages that Siblo kindly donated for our downloads. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/d ... alth-risks

Good luck in the new role. .salut

P.S. We have a new FB group as well as our original FB page if you are interested in joining us there too. ;) Click on the logo with the ./thumbsup..
above this thread and it will take you there.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

Hi SR,

Welcome back and I am sure I speak for everyone that you're always welcome no matter how active you are on here :)

Congratulations on your new role, it's good to hear your enjoying it and finding it much better.

I'm going to put my old HR head on this one. I've seen many styles of Return to Work forms being used and in reality they're all pretty much the same other than the layout. I wouldn't be so focused on the form itself but rather that return to work interview. The form is in sense a record of that interview. Depending on the reasons for the absence it would depend how the interview went. For example if there was an injury at work and the persons been off for a number of weeks then I would be asking how they are? how well they can perform their duties? do they need to do light duties? can we do anything to support their return to work? Does Occupational Health need to be involved to help with the RTW? Are there any medication they are on that could interfere with their daily work routine? Do the RAMS need to be reviewed? Has the investigation for the accident been completed and communicated to the injured party?

As you can tell depending on the situation it can be as many or as little questions.

Not sure if this answers your question but I hope it helps. I'm sure others can chip it :D

S&S
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

Hi SR,

Like S&S said, its the record of the interview.
One of the key reasons for the RTW interview, is to ensure that the reason for the absence, be it ill health or injury, will not have an effect on their ability to work safely. This is particularly important if the employee drives vehicles, or operate machinery. They need to be able and not impaired.

Another key point is to ask if the employees absence was in any way caused by a work related issue and record the answer. If they have been ill probably not work related, injury is more likely.
As I have found out recently this has a dual effect of not only ensuring any work related issues get resolved, but also defending against personal injury claims. Having a RTW form that saying the absence was not work related, signed and dated by the employee, certainly helps when the employee then tries to put in a personal injury claim for the absence!!! :roll:
Make sure the employee signs it!

Also if anything during the interview sounds ambiguous or untrue, try and get to the bottom of it.

Hope that helps!
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
Safetyrail
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Utilities

Post by Safetyrail »

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for all of your replies. They have been really helpful.

I am working with the HR Department to ensure we have the correct measures in place so your assistance is much appreciated.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

SR

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy