Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Leevis1
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Training - In House

Post by Leevis1 »

Hi
My company spends hundreds of pounds on Emergency First Aid training. To that end i am in the process of becoming a First Aid Trainer. I have achieved this by taking a course and also doing an AET (Award in Education and Training). I will be affiliated to 'a' company so will be able to use their texts etc and be able to roll this out internally.

This has got me thinking though, does anyone a) do the same and b) expand this to do IOSH Managing Safely or Working Safely OR SMSTS or SSSTS?

Really curious on the costs for this.

The first aid one i can now deliver for £10 per person (certificate fee).

Lee
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: Training - In House

Post by bernicarey »

As a First Aid Trainer in addition to my other work, I attend my 3 yearly renewal course that is also a 'Trainer Update' and typically there will be 1 or 2 people on these courses who are internal trainers. They are of variable quality, often due to their lack of courses they have trained in the preceeding 3 years.

Some have only done 1 course in that time and their knowledge is pretty low.
When I tell you that we would sit the same exam papers that we have been marking on every course that we have delivered, and some of these people only score the minimum 7/10, you have to wonder at the quality of their training output.

So it can be done, but unless there is the opportunity to do at least 1-2 courses a year, I would have grave doubts as to the overall quality of the experience for the delegates. :shock:
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Leevis1
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Leevis1 »

The amount that i get through, i would guess there would be at least 10 courses per year
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

Leevis1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:50 pm The amount that i get through, i would guess there would be at least 10 courses per year
Shouldn't have any problems then. ./thumbsup..
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Adrian Lancs
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Twitter: @adyinaccy
Industry Sector: Con Space/WAH/Water Utilities
Occupation: SHE Manager for company specializing in engineering within high risk confined spaces often utilizing rope access (IRATA) primarily within the water utility sector.

Post by Adrian Lancs »

Did my AET 3 or 4 years ago after I started delivering EUSR SHEA courses. This started off for in-house only but has developed and I seem to run more and more and also run in my own name. These things can grow arms and legs!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy