Change Management issues - H&S is Behavioural safety training/ system an option? other options

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Change Management issues - H&S is Behavioural safety training/ system an option? other options

Post by TWDB »

Hi all,

Towards the end 2018 we had a few new misses and incidents (nothing reportable) - that have prompted me to look at how we deal with changes on our projects and improving the way we manage changes and consider the SHEQ implications of any change.

along side this encouraging my staff to consider "whats the worst that can happen?" when they undertake a task and a changes happens.

does nay one have any similar issues? how have they approached improving this - a change management procedure? behavioral safety system in house / external support? human factors training?

I can see an incident coming, though we have a very good track record, but want to prevent obviously!

we have undertaken and used the HSL climate tool and are above benchmark on all criteria.

whats the starting point/what's the next step, any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: Change Management issues - H&S is Behavioural safety training/ system an option? other options

Post by Waterbaby »

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
#DrowningPrevention, #RespectTheWater
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Re: Change Management issues - H&S is Behavioural safety training/ system an option? other options

Post by joaorosa80 »

Don't get distracted, yes accidents are important but they are not all.
The behavioral safety program is excellent when all are involved and is realistic. No tick boxes exercise, please...
Get everyone involved.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy