TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

H&S best practice

Post by TWDB »

All,
Note sure if anyone can help.
I'm looking for a source of "best practice" especially in terms of H&S on construction sites and in the Environmental Industry.

(Perhaps this would be a good Forum topic to be able to aid too for all forum users?)

I want to use good practice examples to send round to staff to show this as possible alternative to what they are doing. Also I feel that I'm so concentrated on the improvements my communications can come across as negative.

I was going to look at the considerate constructors scheme best practice website but any other information sources would be great.

also how do others communicate observed best practice - short email, Newsletter or best practice alerts/ poster.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Coldrop
Major Injury
Major Injury
Industry Sector: Construction,RC Frame,Civils & Utilities

Re: H&S best practice

Post by Coldrop »

Create your own safety bulletins/posters with photos of good/bad practices you see on your sites and those you receive from feeds from competitors/industry or HSE etc

If you make them more personnel to the people involved on your sites, it helps to promote safety around them
Intellectuals solve problems but Geniuses prevent them!
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Post by TWDB »

Thanks Coldrop

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
ScottD
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Industry Sector: Logistics & warehousing

Post by ScottD »

Its also a good visual for the posters if you can get before and after pictures. Much like a "5S" approach. easier to get your point across.

Start by taking loads of pics of areas you are going to tackle and then over time once you improve the areas take the after pics. Place the posters in the areas where the pictures were taken so people, inc visitors, see the improvements.
Cunningly disguised as a responsible adult

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy