Riddor

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Kidd

Riddor

Post by Kidd »

Hi could i have some help and advice please
I got injured at work at fault of my employer but they are denying liability and have produced clearly fraudelant and forged documents one is the riddor report to the hse i was off for one month but the hsa at work has stated 14 days he also did not report through riddor until 4 weeks after the accident the accident was 2 falling 25kg drums on to my head and upper torso causing a ripped rotator cuff and dislocation my understanding of riddor states it should have been reported with in 15 days is this right also his dated investigation is 15 days after the riddor report was sent in

Thanks in advance for any help
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: Riddor

Post by stephen1974 »

There is no point in you hassling work over documentation. It's either a pointless excersise with no end goal or its a job for solicitors.
If you intend on putting in a claim against the company, go to an injury laywer and let them deal with it. Don't try and get evidence first and then got to a solicitor.

Yes, they should have completed a RIDDOR within 14 days, but thats a HSE/LA vs your company issue, not a you vs your company issue. Whether they submitted it the same day, a week later a month later has no effect on your well being.

It doesnt matter if he completed his investigation after the RIDDOR was sent in. RIDDOR is just reporting that something has happened. Some investigations go on for years.

The number of days you have been off work is your concern but that's easily established from the time of the accident to when you went back to work. It would be up to them to justify a claim you had less days off.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy