Weekly Health & Safety Inspections/walkabouts

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Lily

Weekly Health & Safety Inspections/walkabouts

Post by Lily »

Hi all :wave:
I work within light manufacturing and we also have Warehousing, Engineering and Office areas (around 45 staff)
I would like to set up a site wide weekly H&S inspection/audit/walk-about - should take no more than 45 minutes, to pick up issues and highlight areas of concern to look at,
Does anyone have a template I could use for this ?
I was thinking of some of these topics to be included:
  • Housekeeping concerns
    Fire Register completed
    Check of Fire Doors
    Hazardous chemicals storage
    Spill kits/First Aid Kits
    Sharps storage
I also have an annual plan for high level things like Planned maintenance, LEV checks, RAs, Staff training, DSE etc
BUT, I am looking for something "punchy", quick, to add photos, and maybe give a score - so the site can trend this weekly, to see if we are in control or getting worse,
Any tried and tested methods greatly appreciated !! What do other companies do ?
Thanks, Lily
neboshnoob
Student
Student

Re: Weekly Health & Safety Inspections/walkabouts

Post by neboshnoob »

Hi Lily,

I've attached the form we use for our weekly inspections. This is for a press shops, we have different forms for different departments too if you're interested?

What I'll generally do while walking around is note down my recommendations, take any photos that would aid my inspection, and then bring this all together in digital form to send out to the various supervisors/managers responsible.

It might be helpful to get you started anyway
Attachments
Weekly inspection form - Press shop.docx
(21.37 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Many thanks for this neboshnoob. ./thumbsup..

Would you mind if we used it in our downloads please? .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
neboshnoob
Student
Student

Post by neboshnoob »

Alexis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 pm Would you mind if we used it in our downloads please?
Of course not, feel free. :D I've uploaded the standard which goes with it too.
Attachments
Weekly inspection Standard - Press Shop.docx
(20.83 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Many thanks for both of these. clapclap .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Madness
Student
Student

Post by Madness »

Lily wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 pm Hi all :wave:
I work within light manufacturing and we also have Warehousing, Engineering and Office areas (around 45 staff)
I would like to set up a site wide weekly H&S inspection/audit/walk-about - should take no more than 45 minutes, to pick up issues and highlight areas of concern to look at,
Does anyone have a template I could use for this ?
I was thinking of some of these topics to be included:
  • Housekeeping concerns
    Fire Register completed
    Check of Fire Doors
    Hazardous chemicals storage
    Spill kits/First Aid Kits
    Sharps storage
I also have an annual plan for high level things like Planned maintenance, LEV checks, RAs, Staff training, DSE etc
BUT, I am looking for something "punchy", quick, to add photos, and maybe give a score - so the site can trend this weekly, to see if we are in control or getting worse,
Any tried and tested methods greatly appreciated !! What do other companies do ?
Thanks, Lily
Hi,

I currently use iAuditor which is an app for iOS and Android (Not sure about windows). For the free account it can be on 3 devices, I have bought a Samsung tablet and loaded the app on there with a standalone email address to be able to email the report out once completed. You design the template of the audit to cover whatever you like, it is really simple to add things, change questions, break things down into sections to get scores for those sections (housekeeping, PPE, Fire etc). You can add notes to each question when carrying out the audit/inspection, you can add pictures from the tablet at the time of the inspection and you can assign actions. Once completed you can email it out in a PDF format. I have found it to be really easy to use and convenient. Saves on paper and fiddling around with pictures to put into a report etc.

The great thing is, as i have it on my phone as well, i can do impromptu checks of different areas as and when i like. I still use the free version, but the paid one can generate stats etc as you require. Also, giving the cell/area leads the tablet to do some checks themselves made them more receptive than if i gave them a pad of paper :)

Link for those interested.
https://safetyculture.com/

I can send you a copy of my template if required.
mattmul

Post by mattmul »

Agree with Madness, iAuditor is a good little app. You can instantly upload pics on your walk round, input the necessary information and then once you've completed it, the app creates a Pdf which you can then send out to all the relevant parties.
App can save you fair amount of time and messing about downloading pics, inputting information in laptop etc.

Matt

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy