Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

MCJ1983
Student
Student

CDM Workshop

Post by MCJ1983 »

Hi All

the company i work for has a sales team which tender for works, at times when they do this they will put us forward as Principal Contractor without realising the work and implications which can come with being the PC, i have been tasked with running a workshop on CDM 2015 awareness, i wondered if anyone had any helpful information or had done anything similar themselves?

regards

Mike
Foolsgold
Student
Student

Re: CDM Workshop

Post by Foolsgold »

Hi Mike,

I have a similar problem with our sales/estimating team.

What I provided them was an overview of the regulation, what the duties of a contractor are and the the duties of a principal contractor are. There is a difference between both clearly stating this and used examples of where the HSE have prosecuted companies as PC's for inadequate welfare, poor housekeeping, inadequate fire provision or poor site management, lack of site security.

I have some useful PDF's if you want to PM me I will send.

There is a HSE document called Industry guidance for Principal contractors which would be a good start for you.

I'm currently looking for send them on an external course because it a constant battle getting my point across :(
MCJ1983
Student
Student

Post by MCJ1983 »

thanks very much for the tips, much appreciated, it really is a battle getting them to understand the difference between contractor and principal contractor
willCDM
Student
Student

Post by willCDM »

Hi Mike

I've attached two documents FYI.

Hopefully they help you out?

Cheers

Will

Edited by Jack Kane - I removed the actual document attachments as we don't have permission from CITB directly to distribute them, but the link I added takes us to their page to download them from there.

http://www.citb.co.uk/health-safety-and ... documents/
Last edited by Jack Kane on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I removed the actual document attachments as we don't have permission from CITB directly to distribute them, but the link I added takes us to their page to download them from there.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy