NEBOSH or NCRQ

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

AdamUK
Student
Student

Re: NEBOSH or NCRQ

Post by AdamUK »

Glad to hear Allan, good luck with the job search.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

AllanB81 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:45 pm ok so after some family issues I started my NCRQ cert in Applied Health and Safety in Jan this year.
PASSED with Merit the HSD1 module in May.

now need to apply for a job
clapclap clapclap clapclap Congratulations Allan! All the best with your job hunt. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
D87

Post by D87 »

Ive been looking at NEBOSH Diploma after passing my NGC previously. I only recently became aware of the NCRQ and the study method seems a lot better, in my opinion.

I tend to be good at retaining information and presenting it any the 'required style' - NEBOSH seems to provide a wealth of information that needs to be retained and answered in particular style based upon their question format.

NCRQ on the other hand seems a more practical based approach, although all self study / pc based.
As it involves practical based questions, such as writing reports, risk assessments etc., as well as learning the information, you get to put it into practice in a way.

Having spoken to a few H&S recruiters, it seems NCRQ its gaining more reputation due to is practical based approach, a lot of job adverts now have NEBOSH (or equivalent) or NCRQ listed as required qualifications.
dave247
Dangerous Dave
Dangerous Dave
Industry Sector: Waste

Post by dave247 »

NCRQ is not something I have seen on any job adverts, what about the new IOSH Level 3?
For brilliance and, at the same time, for consistency of achievement, for activity in philanthropic enterprise, for astuteness of management and for general alertness, the superiors of Aston Villa cannot be found
LittleNell83
Student
Student

Post by LittleNell83 »

Earlier this year, there were very few providers for the IOSH Level 3- and as so new, very little information.

Looking at their website today there is still no real information on it, or any training providers mentioned.

Therefore, having struggled to do NEBOSH before in my spare time, I am midway through my NCRQ certificate, and have decided to go on and complete the diploma.

Nell

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy