Well I

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

lanni

Well I

Post by lanni »

Well i found a job that looks just right up my street last night so today I phone them regarding the post and they ask me to send my CV in. I ask would it be possible for me to drop it in at I only live down the road.They were happy for me to do so.I find it better as you can meet some off the staff and see what the main office is like lol

So I pop into the office today and spoke to one of the managers and she started asking what experinace I have. So I started to explain what I have done and told her you are asking for peaple that have NEBOSH and SMST. I replyed I am awaiting to take my exam for the NEBOSH does that matter.

She reply no, she also reply that everyting we are looking for you, have all the experinace and that. So then shes say we are going to start looking at the CV next week. I ask have you had many responces she show me a file ramed with CV :( she goes onto say that they have had loads of CV even of peaple that are over qualified.

So im just hope somting comes of but im not holding my breath. All I want is a job. Im sick of being a bum with nothing todo .shaking

Sorry rant over.
http://www.help4heroes.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Well I

Post by Alexis »

Don't write that one off just yet Lanni. Someone has to get the job and the good thing is you are one who will be remembered. :)

Even when there isn't a credit crunch, it is always the case that loads of people apply for the same job and there is a huge file of CV's.

Normally you wouldn't see this, so hang in there, maybe this one has your name on it. I hope so. bighug
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
danwel
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by danwel »

Chin up mate, just keep applying for job after job and something will come your way eventually. ./thumbsup..
That's how we roll in our house baby!!!
Lisa_
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Occupation: Protector of the innocent and slayer of the guilty!

Post by Lisa_ »

I'm in ranting mode too but as my is not to do with H&S I can't really vent my spleen here !

Don't be put off by the managers comments - easier said than done.

I have read through 1,000 of applications in my time - in fact probably 10,000's - sometimes the daftest thing will help you t stand out . Having met someone and asked questions when you hand delivered will stand you in good stead. As long as you didn't turn up in pajamas and reeking of booze the later one is actually true) . It shows you are interested and live locally. A lot of companies are put off by over qualified people as they think that they will get bored too quick or will be looking for thier managers job - not good when they are the one doing the interview - hardly going ot give it to someone who is better than them :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing you are out of work at the minute?? There are opportunities out there for voluntary work if you just want to keep your hand in - its often easier to get a job when you are in one - even if its unpaid. Volunteering does not always mean charity work - if there is a sector that you are trying to crack then get in touch with a safety manager there and offer your services - very few people will turn down the chance of free help. Just a thought but it might help with keeping you from brooding.

I hope things turn around for you soon

Take care

L
If you can manage health and safety, the odds are you are a good manager of people
lanni

Post by lanni »

Cheers all

lisa thats a good idea just need a construction company that is will may take a look tomorrow. ./thumbsup..
Gary Ibbotson
Student
Student

Post by Gary Ibbotson »

"Hi ianni" Know how you feel mate i had a intreview about 4 weeks ago and i thought i done ok for a offshore job. realy got hopes up then....!
No answer was the stern reply???? Just keep your chin up mate and try (put the at thingy in here) try again as i'm doing at present (put the at thingy in here) fingers crossed.
Is there light at the end of that tunnel????

"Good luck regards Gary" .salut .salut [smilie=dweeba20.gif] "Chin (put the at thingy in here) guard up!"
lanni

Post by lanni »

Gary Ibbotson wrote:"Hi ianni" Know how you feel mate i had a intreview about 4 weeks ago and i thought i done ok for a offshore job. realy got hopes up then....!
No answer was the stern reply???? Just keep your chin up mate and try (put the at thingy in here) try again as i'm doing at present (put the at thingy in here) fingers crossed.
Is there light at the end of that tunnel????

"Good luck regards Gary" .salut .salut [smilie=dweeba20.gif] "Chin (put the at thingy in here) guard up!"
Cheers mate sorry to that i hate it when they dont reply is an easy way out im just going to keep try ./thumbsup.. ./thumbsup.. ./thumbsup.. ./thumbsup.. ./thumbsup.. ./thumbsup..
Coolcat
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Plastic Manufacturing

Post by Coolcat »

Keep going Lanni, your "job" is out there and will turn up ./thumbsup..
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
--Albert Camus
lanni

Post by lanni »

Well reviced the email of her today was nice of then to keep peaple in contact so that good.

Dear Steven
Thank you for your interest in the post for Health & Safety Coordinator. Due to so much interest I haven’t been able to reply to all applicants until today. The ad is still live on the internet for the next 3 weeks. We will in due course be short listing the applications with a view to doing the interviews week comm. 21.09.2009 onwards.

Successful applicants will be notified nearer to that time.

Regards,
Ian Rienewerf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Ian Rienewerf »

lanni wrote:Well reviced the email of her today was nice of then to keep peaple in contact so that good.
Good luck Steven,
On a side note - be sure to run your correspondence through a spell checker and proof read the grammar on your job applications.
It's easy to mistype stuff, especially when we are tired or distracted.
http://www.irems.co.uk
Risk management for companies with 5 to 50 employees
lanni

Post by lanni »

Ye i do mate i get my misses to check mate i just struggle on furum as there is no spell check lol

just been on there website and found out that the manager i spoken to is infact the Company Director / Health & Safety Co-ordinator :lol: So lets just see what happens
Ian Rienewerf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Ian Rienewerf »

I find a bottle of red wine does wonders to my typing fingers.

The fact that you have taken the trouble to go down there, show them how keen you are, and allow them to put a face to the name should keep you one step ahead of the competition.
It's just waiting game now.
http://www.irems.co.uk
Risk management for companies with 5 to 50 employees

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy