IOSH CPD

HSfB might have things to say, big things might need to be announced, this is the forum we will announce those big things.

Moderator: Moderators

Evolution
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Construction

Re: IOSH CPD

Post by Evolution »

Many thanks Berni,

Your reply summed it up for me perfectly, Thanks. Regards the use of the word drone, it was their choice not mine and I agree it's definitely a dumbing down of their activities.

The post I pasted into this thread is more representative of something I have an interest in and intend to look at in detail in the future which was why it was so long. The barbour legislation updates are much shorter :-)

Thanks again
Tim Nice But Dim

Post by Tim Nice But Dim »

apologies if this is classed as necroing an old thread, didn't to waste space with a new one.

Just had all my IPD approved and accepted via SDP route (done diploma and then workplace evidence).

I understand the next step to be a CPD review by IOSH.
I had a CPD review by IOSH before being transferred to gradIOSH a year ago. Would the CPD review for CMIOSH be the same?
How far back do they go with respect to the activities? I'm just wondering if I should go back and pad out say the last 10 CPD activities or leave as is since they approved the way I have done my CPD last year. I don't want to spend hours on something I don't need to.

thanks
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 »

I have been told that they will focus on the 12months. However, I will advise reviewing further than 12months.
Don't forget that the expected from a tech member is different from a grad does your cpd reflect this?
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Right then, I've just started reading this thread and thought I'd throw my recent experience in. I have recently come back to IOSH membership. The reason being my employer has an accreditation with Altius and they require evidence that the businesses H&S advice is coming form a credible source and part of that is checking up on my CPD. I managed to cobble a few bits and pieces together to satisfy their requirement but it got me thinking about the lack of evidence and organised records I had. I have joined and submitted my CV and qualifications. I have just started entering CPD activities. The one question I really have is do I add every single podcast I listen to as an individual activity, along with each HSE update email I receive? Or do I group one weeks updates together etc?
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Keith1983 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 am Right then, I've just started reading this thread and thought I'd throw my recent experience in. I have recently come back to IOSH membership. The reason being my employer has an accreditation with Altius and they require evidence that the businesses H&S advice is coming form a credible source and part of that is checking up on my CPD. I managed to cobble a few bits and pieces together to satisfy their requirement but it got me thinking about the lack of evidence and organised records I had. I have joined and submitted my CV and qualifications. I have just started entering CPD activities. The one question I really have is do I add every single podcast I listen to as an individual activity, along with each HSE update email I receive? Or do I group one weeks updates together etc?
Keith

I tend to use - read magazines as a item for a 3 month period but list the articles I learned or maintained from ../.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Keith1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

I got an email from IOSH about 30 seconds after posting my comment confirming my recommendation for Tech Membership and had really positive feedback from my Development Plan which is nice! Thanks for the advice Will.
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
joe1111

Post by joe1111 »

Dear everyone,
Possible from Affiliate to CMIOSH without Grad? If our CPD is approval?

Your registration for IPD lasts for two years, which should be sufficient time to complete the
process. Should you not complete it within this time, you will need to re-register. You are not
required to have been a Graduate member or registered for IPD for any specific length of time
before you can start or complete it. Quite simply, once your portfolio has been approved you
will be able to move to interview provided your CPD is satisfactory, and once you have been
successful at interview you will be recommended for transfer to Chartered Status. So how
quickly you get to Chartered status is largely up to you!

I have read this paragraph on IOHS SPD instruction!

Best regards
joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 »

Very strange indeed.
Because in the Initial Professional Development (IPD) webpage, says that you need to be a Graduate.
Will they mean that for completing portfolio, you can do it whenever you want?
joe1111

Post by joe1111 »

joaorosa80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 am Very strange indeed.
Because in the Initial Professional Development (IPD) webpage, says that you need to be a Graduate.
Will they mean that for completing portfolio, you can do it whenever you want?
Thank joaorosa80.
They have confirmed by email. Must be Grad IOSH first, that is only way to move up Charter member.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy