SHEQ committee - Training for Committee members? ideas of what that could be ?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

SHEQ committee - Training for Committee members? ideas of what that could be ?

Post by TWDB »

All,

I'm Rebooting our SHEQ committee and want to offer training to the committee members as a "perk" of being involved and to develop them as SHEQ champions and empowers in the company

What course/ course would you recommend

I was initially thinking IOSH Managing safely.

any others you would recommend? or alternatives

thanks
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: SHEQ committee - Training for Committee members? ideas of what that could be ?

Post by Blackstone »

That was the course that first sprang to mind for me too.

One little thing to add is to also have clear roles and responsibilities on what is expected of the committee members outside of attending the regular meeting.
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Re: SHEQ committee - Training for Committee members? ideas of what that could be ?

Post by TWDB »

Blackstone wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:06 am That was the course that first sprang to mind for me too.

One little thing to add is to also have clear roles and responsibilities on what is expected of the committee members outside of attending the regular meeting.
Thanks Blackstone ,
do you have a set of R&R's for you committee?

Thanks
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
ddlh
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by ddlh »

I would go for the company Health and Safety Representative courses - which follow to a certain extent the old Union safety Rep course.

I used to love training this course and we had a "warehouse" set up with various things for the reps to find on their inspections.
If you think safety is a pain, try a leg fracture.
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

TWDB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:06 pm
Blackstone wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:06 am That was the course that first sprang to mind for me too.

Thanks Blackstone ,
do you have a set of R&R's for you committee?

Thanks
T
We do have a set but can find a copy and dont have access to where they are kept. I will keep looking! ./thumbsup..
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy