Management review meeting

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

Management review meeting

Post by TWDB »

Hi Guys,

I have recently moved company and i have my second ISO management review at the new place coming up with the new team/ company.

I used the way i did this at my old place and it went down badly. they did not like it or saw the value (could show where our system and how its used etc - the way i have done it with a presentation and summary of all sections and evidence covered / collated and all senior managers there to discuss and listen to key points .

how do other do the meeting and make it worthwhile and get clear actions out of it? that senior managers take note of?

really dented my confidence so want to get this right for our next one in march - ( i cancelled the last one i had booked in due to the negative nature and feeling)

thanks
T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Re: Management review meeting

Post by Blackstone »

It is a tricky one if senior management are not on board!

Gotta start with the agenda. Same every meeting to cover the standard and what the business wants.
Current agenda here for 14001 and 45001:
Actions from previous meetings
EHS Performance (accident, incident, near miss)
EHS Policy, Objectives & Targets (updates, progress and review)
Internal Audit (executed against plan)
External Audit (executed against plan)
Communication (external/internal) including complaints
Environmental Testing
EHS Action Tracking
Changes to Aspects, Internal and External Issues, Interested Parties, Risks and Opportunities
IH Monitoring
Compliance and Resource Review
Legislation Update
Site Sustainability and Improvement Plan Update
Water and Energy Usage
Waste update
Worker Consultation/Participation
AOB

We always send the presentation out beforehand so they can look and no surprises and they can come with questions.
Try and keep it concise and to the point rather than information overload.
Always get meetings where some are just not bothered and see it as a waste of time.

Hope that helps in some way!
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Re: Management review meeting

Post by Keith1983 »

You can build the Management Review subjects into any regular management meeting(s). As long as you cover the requirements of the standard you don't have to have one massive meeting every year to do it. It may be that you cover the requirement elsewhere throughout the year.
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy