Total Newbie

Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

vashton

Total Newbie

Post by vashton »

Hiya, I have recently started in an admin position but have always had an interest in Health & Safety. I am wanting to now go forward and study this. I currently work in the rail industry so I would probably need to have more rail based learning. Any suggestions on where to start?
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Total Newbie

Post by Alexis »

Hi there vashton and welcome to HSfB. :wave:

I am not much help as regards the rail industry, but for what it is worth, the following are my own thoughts:

All health and safety laws in Britain fall under the umbrella of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HSWA). NEBOSH General Certificate is where I would suggest you start as far as gaining qualifications.

Once you have gained your NEBOSH General and you were going to progress with H&S in the rail industry, then you would have to take specific courses for such.

However, it would probably benefit you to talk to someone in the health and safety department within your own organisation. They would be able to tell you how they started out and perhaps even offer to pay for your first course.

Some of our members working in your industry will, I am sure, come in to offer some more positive thoughts vashton.

Thank you in advance to anyone able to assist. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy