Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Want greater exposure? Here's a 75% discount code for all paid packages - HSfB17

CMIOSH

Discuss any challenges you have concerning any of the following courses - NEBOSH Diploma, BA courses, MSc courses, PGCEs, NVQs or any other academic qualification relevant, post in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Smudger207
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Offshore Oil & Gas

CMIOSH

Post by Smudger207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 am

Morning All,

I am after some advice.

Yesterday I enrolled onto IPD process to achieve my ultimate aim of becoming CMIOSH.

I have received all the necessary forms from IOSH which includes information regarding the open book assessment. However I am slightly confused as the IOSH website says if you have the diploma ( I presume they are referring to the Nebosh) you can achieve chartered status by completing the skills development portfolio.

I have both the NVQ and Nebosh Diploma, so should I go back to IOSH and question why I have to complete the assessment and not the portfolio? .scratch

Waterbaby
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Medical

Re: CMIOSH

Post by Waterbaby » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Bump ./thumbsup..

WB
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

Smudger207
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Offshore Oil & Gas

Post by Smudger207 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for the Bump Waterbaby.

I emailed IOSH directly and have been told that as I have both Diplomas I don't have to complete the assessment or portfolio. Happy days .bounce

They just need to audit my CPD and then my peer review interview.

Getting closer to my goal......

joaorosa80
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by joaorosa80 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:00 am

Hi,

I have my open assessment between 10 January and 24 January 2018.

Does any of the colleagues go to do the assessment on this dates?

The syllabus is huge and I am afraid to get lost.   

hsme

Post by hsme » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 am

Having completed my IPD open assessment back in October all I can say is don't be overwhelmed by the syllabus size. To get this far you already have the knowledge in there somewhere, it purely getting that information out of and onto the answer. The multiple choice section gives you plenty of time to look up on a question so don't go into it panicking, take your time and make every answer count.
The essay questions I was given were looking for some research and thought as to the answer you give, just be careful to make sure you don't go off and write to much, keep it clear and concise and ensure you follow what the command words require.
I passed both sections and now onto peer interview in January. Good luck and feel free to message me if I might be able to help put your mind at rest.
:wave:

aditay

Post by aditay » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 am

Smudger207 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm
Thanks for the Bump Waterbaby.

I emailed IOSH directly and have been told that as I have both Diplomas I don't have to complete the assessment or portfolio. Happy days .bounce

They just need to audit my CPD and then my peer review interview.

Getting closer to my goal......
Hi, I thought that it was mandatory to complete the IPD. Depending on what qualifications you hold you either have to do the assessment and portfolio or if you have the diplomas you have only the portfolio part. I am going to enroll in the new year so this is very interesting. I have the NEBOSH diploma and a BSc in OSH.

Health, Environment and Risk Training - for all your NEBOSH, IOSH and in-house training. Contact us for excellent consultancy rates

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy