Moderator: Moderators

JM_London
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Further Education

Job grading

Post by JM_London »

Evening all,

My company have recently introduced a new job/ JD based grading scheme and am really keen to know if other companies have this (I'm aware of NHS and some other civil services) and what your grading is as a SHEQ/HSEQ or H&S Manager is.

My company have decided that my role (SHEQ Manager) sits outside of the management scope but instead is at expert technical level.

Cheers

JM
Dodds
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Re: Job grading

Post by Dodds »

but they'll still call you manager and have you do all the management roles and responsibilities?

my company has the group qhse manager on the senior management level, sitting under the CEO in the organisation.
Blackstone
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Refrige / Oil & Gas / Pharma / Aerospace

Post by Blackstone »

Same for me. I'm the QEHS Manager sitting on the management team directly reporting to the MD.

In my previous job I was in the same position, not part of the management team, reported to the Production Director (conflict of interest!) but had access to the MD whenever I needed.
'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to!' - Richard Branson
QHSS
Student
Student

Post by QHSS »

If you dont answer directly to the md leave ASAP, as this dotted line business when your answering into production, HR or engineering is absurd, it just points out they havent got a clue about where health and safety sits.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy