Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Stuggling with Nebosh.

Post by Alexis »

amw wrote:I did the 10 day course in October and just received my results.
I'm not going to lie the course is a bit extreme (in my opinion!). Especially the first few days, it is like information overload but the more you get through the course and the more you get through the book other sections link back to the earlier sections and it starts to click together.
I found the best way of things sinking in was to read the books and highlight key areas and sections - then I would rewrite these key sections into condensed notes. I found that the writing of the notes made things easier to understand and it sinks in as you have to actually process the info while your writing rather than reading the information which sometimes does not sink in.
Stick with it though (I was ready for giving it up as a bad job after 2 days but it does come good in the end!)
Hi amw and a very warm welcome to HSfB. :wave:

Congratulations on your pass!! clapclap clapclap clapclap congrats Well done! :D

Thank you for your thoughts. ./thumbsup.. Good to have you join us. :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
bigcoz

Post by bigcoz »

Hi everyone, I'm back! Unfortunately I failed my NGC1 by two marks otherwise I would of passed with a credit :(. My re-sit exam is December 3rd, as I haven't had my head in the books since march due to my new born son arriving & work commitments, I just haven't had the time. Now as December is growing ever nearer I desperately need to get back in to this Nebosh. I've got all my classroom work and past papers and books spread out on the dining room table and just haven't a clue where to start. I feel like I'm back to square one & panic is starting to set in.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

bigcoz wrote:Hi everyone, I'm back! Unfortunately I failed my NGC1 by two marks otherwise I would of passed with a credit :(. My re-sit exam is December 3rd, as I haven't had my head in the books since march due to my new born son arriving & work commitments, I just haven't had the time. Now as December is growing ever nearer I desperately need to get back in to this Nebosh. I've got all my classroom work and past papers and books spread out on the dining room table and just haven't a clue where to start. I feel like I'm back to square one & panic is starting to set in.
Hi bigcozDaddy and congratulations on your new arrival. clapclap clapclap clapclap

I know exactly how you feel. :roll: If I were you, I would do a KISS on all that dining room table of yours as you are only looking at revision, not the whole caboodle. :lol:

1 Take your past papers for NGC 1(with Examiners Reports to match) and put them in the "need" bundle. Make sure you do at least one of them every day in exam conditions with earplugs in so that you are not disturbed by your beautiful baby boy, making sure, of course, that someone else is going to attend to him if necessary. ;)

2 Gather your own revision notes for NGC 1 only and put them also in the "need" pile.

3 Print off and place in the "need" bundle, the NGC 1 Flash Cards from our Downloads. http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/do ... ertificate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 Print off Otto's NGC 1 management paper list. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5 Put every other bit of homework away in a cupboard where you cannot see it and concentrate on the "need" bundle only.

You will skoosh it next time.

Good luck. .salut

P.S. I have removed your other post with the same wording. This one will suffice as I have replied, which keeps it in the public view for other responses. ./thumbsup..
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy