Moderator: Moderators

jay1979cliff
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Construction

Office training on CD Rom

Post by jay1979cliff »

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me if there are any good suppliers of Training Cd Roms at a "reasonable price" which I can use for the admin staff in our branches?

I used to work for a Global Company and they had great CD Rom training packages - but that type of expenditure is not available to me!

I'm looking for something on Fire and DSE at least - which will give the basics and then allow a certificate to be printed off.

I've had a look around and i've seen some for £200 - but you only get a license for 50 users. I'd have to buy a few of them.

OR - are there any computer programmes I can use where I can load up my pwn content to the CD Rom presentation and allow the users to access it?

Would appreciate any help!!!!

Jay
"Work eight hours and sleep eight hours and make sure that they are not the same hours."
T. Boone Pickens
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Office training on CD Rom

Post by Alexis »

Hi Jay. :wave: Not a recommendation, just a suggestion............ http://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/Heal ... ining.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Hello Jay,

There's a company called Vocam that do the kind of thing it sounds like you're after. I've never used them so can't speak for them, but might be worth a look.
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
Reddwarf
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by Reddwarf »

I think Vocam are very expensive. can you not buy dvd's and get the managers to show it to their staff in small groups most dvd's are about 20 minutes so a 40 minutes session doesn't seem over the top to cover the basics. If you want one that the staff can access themselves and complete then that is where the cost come in as you are talking a bit of skill to put the programmes together rather than just sticking a dvd in for a group of people to watch.

Red
Fleur
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Fleur »

Hi Jay

You could have a look at http://www.essentialskillz.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I had looked to use them at my previous company, but never actually implemented before I left!

The whole thing is web based so you don't have to pay for software etc.

Happy hunting
Fleur :)
jay1979cliff
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Construction

Post by jay1979cliff »

Thanks very much for the advice everyone - think there's enough there for me to consider!

:D
"Work eight hours and sleep eight hours and make sure that they are not the same hours."
T. Boone Pickens
jonsi
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Polymer Processing

Post by jonsi »

I have used Vocam ...their stuff isn't bad content wise and is expensive however that isn't the problem. It's their follow up that causes the problem.

Phone calls, week after week, day after day relentlessly trying to sell you more and more stuff. Does a food factory in Wales really need a DVD on Working in Care Homes or somesuch? After months of being polite I told Julie from Vocam that I was speaking to her more than I spoke to my wife! When I evetually lost patience I shouted "NEVER contact me again" but it was water off a duck's back - she called again the next week.

I even told her when she phoned that the last incumbent had killed himself in this very office because he was being harassed by 'someone called Julie who was trying to flog dodgy DVDs' but even that made no difference. I still got another call.

Packages of DVDs 'on trial' kept turning up unsolicited. I wrote to them telling them that if any more unsolicited stuff turned up I would keep it and use them as frisbees. I even made a point of visiting the Vocam stand at H&S Expo to tell Julie and her managers face-to-face that I never, ever, ever wanted to hear her voice (or anyone else at Vocam for that matter) ever again and that if I received just one more call I would be reporting them to the Police for harrassment.

I think that did the trick as they don't phone me now...not that I'm bitter of course
"Talk about Mental Illness - because it will touch your life this year. "

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy