Nebosh NGC aaaaaggggghhhhh!

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Maltman Dan

Nebosh NGC aaaaaggggghhhhh!

Post by Maltman Dan »

Ok so I passed my ng1 this week but have a refer on ng2. Silly silly mistakes on my part but so so frustrating as they (in my opinion) do not reflect a lack of understanding or impact the risk assessment in any way shape or form. Basically I have a total of 52 action but 53 timescales/owners. I totally understand from the examiners point of view ie has he missed an action out but how frustrating this is to not get a pass.

Oh well, lesson learnt and I know what I need to do to sort it out. What are your views in the marking scheme for the ng2 ?
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: Nebosh NGC aaaaaggggghhhhh!

Post by WillPool »

Maltman Dan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:31 am Ok so I passed my ng1 this week but have a refer on ng2. Silly silly mistakes on my part but so so frustrating as they (in my opinion) do not reflect a lack of understanding or impact the risk assessment in any way shape or form. Basically I have a total of 52 action but 53 timescales/owners. I totally understand from the examiners point of view ie has he missed an action out but how frustrating this is to not get a pass.

Oh well, lesson learnt and I know what I need to do to sort it out. What are your views in the marking scheme for the ng2 ?
NEBOSH have always had 'their way' of doing things, including marking and answering of questions.

Like it or loathe it, it is what it is, there are other educational avenues such as NVQ which benefits those who do not like the NEBOSH structure.

Good luck on the referral ../. ./thumbsup..

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Maltman Dan

Post by Maltman Dan »

Thanks Will - I actually enjoyed the structure of the NGC and the course content is great. Does anyone think that the proqual level 6 nvq is actually at the same level as the Nebosh diploma, do employers value it as much. Personally I am looking at the proqual next year purely based on my learning style and the assessments along the way.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Maltman Dan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:31 pm Thanks Will - I actually enjoyed the structure of the NGC and the course content is great. Does anyone think that the proqual level 6 nvq is actually at the same level as the Nebosh diploma, do employers value it as much. Personally I am looking at the proqual next year purely based on my learning style and the assessments along the way.
According to the education framework, they are at the same level.

In my opinion, they both offer a similar level of qualification but by different means. The NEBOSH Diploma is more educational based whereas an NVQ is more about proof of what you have done and how you will do it.

Pros and cons for both.

Employers seem to prefer the NEBOSH Diploma but more and more are coming round to the NVQ route, a lot will depend on how much the potential employer is bought into safety and what their end goal is.

Some employers and some agencies just arent sure what they want so you get a hybrid of qualifications and memberships in the advert that don't make sense.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

Bring back NCRQ... feckers closed before I could get my final assignment done for the diploma.

We wont get in to the NEBOSH exam fixing scandal again... (leave it alone stephen, leave it alone...)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy