Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

maquirky
Student
Student

NCRQ HSD1 Assignment 2

Post by maquirky »

Hi,

I am a bit confused as to why I cannot use the AEIF form for this assignment. Can anyone explain a little please.

At work I am used to completing an 'adverse event investigation form' (AEIF) when carrying out accident investigations. I have been told that I do not need to complete one of these as part of the assignment but I'm finding it difficult to get to the real root cause analysis without following the steps as you would when doing an AEIF.

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks
Maquirky
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NCRQ HSD1 Assignment 2

Post by Alexis »

Hi Maquirky. :wave:

I don't know exactly what is required, but I would think the point of the NCRQ way of studying is to apply your knowledge, not by way of an organisational form.

A form is only an aid that organisations have created to suit individual requirements in their specific company. This would not be applicable to all organisations unless it was a Legislative requirement, Regulation or recognised Guidance if you see what I mean.

NCRQ, as far as I understand it, allows the Student to learn overall H&S application suitable to application in any industry sector. It isn't specific to one sector. (Please feel free to correct me if this is wrong anyone.)

I would contact your Tutor again Maq.

Good luck. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Toasterinthebath
Student
Student

Post by Toasterinthebath »

Hi Maquirky,

I would contact NCRQ. I am on this course and the tutors are very very helpful and respond from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 12pm to 2pm Saturday and Sunday. I would give them a call for some clarification to ensure you are not using to much time on it.

Hope this helps,

SwinDawg [smilie=dweeba20.gif]
maquirky
Student
Student

Post by maquirky »

Thank you for your replies.

Since posting my initial message I have had a light bulb moment and have also spoken with NCRQ so hopefully I'm now on track.

SwinDawg - hope you are enjoying the course.

maquirky :)
LittleNell83
Student
Student

Post by LittleNell83 »

Hi Maquirky

Glad you got it sorted. I used the format of the accident report form, built into the report so it covered the root cause analysis.

I hope you're enjoying the course. I am struggling for time at the moment outside of work, but have been enjoying it, and after assignment 2, the end feels rather near.

Nell

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy