When you can't quite believe what you see....

Have you recently had a safety moment? Share it in here and help raise awareness, start a conversation, encourage people to talk about HSE, spread the word! It might just save a life!

Moderator: Moderators

wendolene26
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas / Renewables / Consultancy

When you can't quite believe what you see....

Post by wendolene26 »

Regular bus journey home from work tonight. Quietly minding my own business when a bloke asks me if this is Bus No 17 or 18. I reply no, it's the 27. At which point he rushes forward and demands to the driver that he lets him off immediately as he's on the wrong bus. We are situated in the middle lane of a 3 lane round approaching the Haudagain roundabout, and are about to turn right up the hill (two lanes go right). The driver tells him no and that he will let him off at the next stop. At this point (if demanding to be let off the bus in the middle lane isn't bad enough) the bloke then starts pulling at the release handles of the bus doors to try and escape from the bus. The driver tells him again that he will let him off at the next stop and tells him it's just past the next junction once we exit the roundabout. The bloke is in a blind panic by this point and tells the driver (not as politely as this) that he has absolutely no intention of going up Anderson Drive. The driver again tells him that he stops in about 2 minutes up the road and demands that the bloke sit down. The bloke doesn't sit down but does stop pulling at the doors.

I dread to think what would have happened had he managed to open the bus doors in the middle lane and leave the bus. Rush hour traffic heading into Aberdeen is not pedestrian friendly!!
You are only a millimetre or a millisecond away from the next incident.
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: When you can't quite believe what you see....

Post by bernicarey »

Unfortunately, with 'Care in the Community' you have no idea what (if any) mental condition this individual might be suffering from.
He might have been under considerable distress for getting on the wrong bus; or there again, he might have just been a complete numpty.
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: When you can't quite believe what you see....

Post by Alexis »

.pale Thank goodness the doors wouldn't open!
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy