Festive Message from the 'Elf & Safety Department

Post your humorous risk assessments, health and safety jokes or funny stories of health and safety goings on in your part of the country. KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!

Moderator: Moderators

Emma.Christie
Student
Student
Twitter: @emjchristie
Industry Sector: Oil, Gas, Energy & Marine

Festive Message from the 'Elf & Safety Department

Post by Emma.Christie »

I think this one has already being doing the rounds but I've just had a great response from our staff :lol: :

All employees planning to dash through the snow in a one horse open sleigh, going over the fields and laughing all the way are advised that a Risk Assessment will be required addressing the safety of an open sleigh for members of the public. This assessment must also consider whether it is appropriate to use only one horse for such a venture, particularly where there are multiple passengers. Please note that permission must also be obtained in writing from landowners before their fields may be entered. To avoid offending those not participating in celebrations, we would request that laughter is moderate only and not loud enough to be considered a noise nuisance.

Benches, stools and orthopaedic chairs are now available for collection by any shepherds planning or required to watch their flocks at night. While provision has also been made for remote monitoring of flocks by CCTV cameras from a centrally heated shepherd observation hut, all users of this facility are reminded that an emergency response plan must be submitted to account for known risks to the flocks.

The angel of the Lord is additionally reminded that, prior to shining his/her glory all around, s/he must confirm that all shepherds are wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment to account for the harmful effects of UVA, UVB and the overwhelming effects of Glory.

Following last year’s well-publicised case, everyone is advised that Equal Opportunities legislation prohibits any comment with regard to the redness of any part of Mr R Reindeer. Further to this, exclusion of Mr R Reindeer from reindeer games will be considered discriminatory and disciplinary action will be taken against those found guilty of this offence.

While it is acknowledged that gift bearing is a common practice in various parts of the world, particularly the Orient, everyone is reminded that the bearing of gifts is subject to Hospitality Guidelines and all gifts must be registered. This applies regardless of the individual, even royal personages. It is particularly noted direct gifts of currency or gold are specifically precluded, while caution is advised regarding other common gifts such as aromatic resins that may evoke allergic reactions.

Finally, in the recent instance of the infant found tucked up in a manger without a crib for a bed, Social Services have been advised and will be arriving shortly.

Merry Christmas Everybody, have a safe one ./thumbsup..
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Festive Message from the 'Elf & Safety Department

Post by Alexis »

[smilie=smiley-faces11.gif] clapclap clapclap clapclap

I like to start the day with a laugh. Thank you Emma. :lol:
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Coolcat
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Plastic Manufacturing

Post by Coolcat »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
--Albert Camus
Zman
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Industry Sector: Food
Occupation: Current role; Health Safety and Environment Co-Ordinator

Post by Zman »

Well, it's all this 'Elf & Saferty innit!
Attachments
HSE Approved Santa.jpg
It says "Press any key," where's the "any" key?
AdrianW
Cougar, the cat on the prowl
Cougar, the cat on the prowl
Industry Sector: Construction and M&E

Post by AdrianW »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing Changes If Nothing Changes
Stonehenge
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Automotive

Post by Stonehenge »

That's been sent round my lot. I am determined to spread the christmas cheer.....

Thanks for the laughs, I needed it! :D :D

Angie...
Practice makes perfect, apparently.....
Emma.Christie
Student
Student
Twitter: @emjchristie
Industry Sector: Oil, Gas, Energy & Marine

Post by Emma.Christie »

Glad to help - love the pic Zman!

If we can't have a laugh at this time of year we're stuffed (boom boom) :)

I've actually overheard people having water cooler conversations about other Christmas related safety issues off the back of it so the right message got through.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy