IEMA Question

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

heller792
Student
Student

IEMA Question

Post by heller792 »

Quick question, I want to do an environment qualification but do I go with the NEBOSH cert or IEMA? If I pick IEMA do i have to do the introduction, foundation and associate or can i miss the introduction one? I would really appreciate any advice on this one guys as after my construction cert exam in June I would like to get straight on this.

Dave
ShaneJ
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Food Processing

Re: IEMA Question

Post by ShaneJ »

There are no pre-requisites for IEMA - you just have to pass the entrance exam if you haven't done the approved training.

I am currently studying NEBOSH Env Cert, then I will take the IEMA Associate exam. I really hope they are properly compatible...

This link gives you a lot of info and also links to places you can do the approved training. Good luck.

http://www.iema.net/membership-associate
Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: IEMA Question

Post by WillPool »

Dave

You can go straight on the associate course if you have a little environmental knowledge.

I did the course distance learning and thought it was not in depth enough to be of any use to me it was mostly stuff I already knew but had no 'competency certificate' to go with it, hence me not doing the exams, well that and me being ill disciplined and not applying myself to do the 2nd essay ;)

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy