Audit for compliance for evaluation

Discuss management systems in here, including - HS(G)65; ISO 45001; ISO 45003; ISO 14001

Moderator: Moderators

TheFox

Audit for compliance for evaluation

Post by TheFox »

Some questions on evaluation for compliance.

For evaluation for compliance, companies will have a whole list of regulation they they have to comply with.

I am going to audit a company and i only have probably half a day to audit them.

How should i proceed with evaluating their evaluation for compliance ? Take random regulations and ask them for evidence or are there any important things that is recommended that i should look at?
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: Audit for compliance for evaluation

Post by WillPool »

TheFox wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:26 pm Some questions on evaluation for compliance.

For evaluation for compliance, companies will have a whole list of regulation they they have to comply with.

I am going to audit a company and i only have probably half a day to audit them.

How should i proceed with evaluating their evaluation for compliance ? Take random regulations and ask them for evidence or are there any important things that is recommended that i should look at?
I would see if they had a legislation register and see if their register contains how they comply with each set of legislation and then audit from there.

If they have no legislation register then I would go down your proposed route.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
QHSS
Student
Student

Re: Audit for compliance for evaluation

Post by QHSS »

The organisation you are auditing will need to be able to demonstrate objective periodic evidence of evaluation of legal compliance against all legislation on your legal register, ie show what you have looked at to evaluate that you are compliant , when you looked at that information evidence, who looked at it, then decide by evaluating are you compliant with the legislation applicable to your organisation or not???. its not just a big document that you compile once and stick it on a shelf or achive and blow the dust off when auditor turns up. you could be compliant to the legislation one moment, but things change and you may not be compliant now, so periodic evaluation needs to happen by competent persons who know enough about legislation to make the decision that you are compliant or not. If the HSE turns up or you get a civil claim in to your company youll sharp find out if your compliant or not, hence the need for periodic evaluation of compliance, Other standards have it under needs of interested parties internal & external. Its not about just changing the date on a document Im afraid.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy