Peep's and Geep's

Discuss all things fire related and emergencies of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Peep's and Geep's

Post by stephen1974 »

A conversation today involved the following discussion on peeps and geeps.

Peeps are straight forward enough when they cover an individual who may not be able to follow your normal evacuation plan. (Or your geep)

What do people use for groups?

I've always used different geep's if we have disabled groups in and assess their specific need.
The person I was talking to said there should only be one geep as its your general emergency evacuation plan and you should use peeps.

I dont disagree with his point of view about the geep, its simply been the way ive been taught that makes me do it this way. I dont think there is an issue if i call the plan bobs escape plan, as long as there is a plan in place, but in the interest of making policies and getting people all singing from the same sheet - what do other people think?
witsd
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: Peep's and Geep's

Post by witsd »

I've always seen GEEPs as a kind of 'page two' of the basic fire procedure, and very separate from PEEPs catering to known individuals. In most cases, one document stating "trained staff will assist in the evacuation, if non-ambulant persons present, then 'a', if deaf then 'b'…" would suffice.

Having said that, if you have known unknowns (such as a regular community group of deafblind children), then you should have a much more specific process recorded.
We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one.' We forget that we still have to make a study of 'and.'
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Re: Peep's and Geep's

Post by stephen1974 »

This would be for specific groups that would come on a regular basis who have known issues.
Not a major concern right now as i dont think we have any groups who would have a problem with an evac at the moment. It was just to have something in the fire safety policy for if they do and didnt want to put it under Peeps.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy