Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

PaulDonaldson
Trainer of all, master of none
Twitter: safety-heart

Re: An HSFB Charity Event?

Post by PaulDonaldson »

Keith1983 wrote:I'm happy with that, and then we can just liaise with Jack from time to time to update him. My big concern with this is that whilst I have plenty of enthusiasm for it I have very little experience in organising such things! If you could be there to (metaphorically) hold my hand Paul that would be good.

Keith

I have a bit of experience and know what needs to go on in the background so thats decision made, we will push it and have a committee meeting in Sheffield sometime in the middle two weeks in June.

Paul
If you do what you always done, you will get what you always got.
http://www.safety-heart.co.uk Lets us put safety at the HEART of your business
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Drop me a PM and we can go from there. I may start a facebook group to make it a bit easier on the communication front. That way i will be able to receive and reply to messages more often. If I do I will post a link to it here, presuming that's allowed.
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
jonsi
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Polymer Processing

Post by jonsi »

I'm a bit late to this thread but ...

I'm at the wrong end of any road to meet up with most people BUT I'm also not the most active of people so cycling or running with a baton wouldnt be do-able however ...

...a few years ago I arranged a national event via a monthly newsletter that involved both groups and individuals. I'm in Mensa and it has some active local groups around the country who regularly get up to all sorts of different things BUT it has many more members who, for a whole heap of reasons, don't join in with their local group - this isn't a bad thing, it's just the way it is. To try to get them involved in some way I proposed 'Tea (put the at thingy in here) 3:00'.

On a given day, wherever we were we would have a Cup of Tea (or Coffee / Juice / Water / whatever) at 3 o'clock. Then we'd report on where and with whom including pictures etc. We had one woman who sat in her garden and had a cuppa with her dog for company and another crowd who climbed a mountain and took a pic at the top all holding mugs of tea! This way everyone could take part whether they were close to another participant or not - all they needed was a their cup and their drink.

Could we do similar, pick one of the days Jack has mentioned and at a given time of the day we could all have a SafeTea Cuppa . The charity bit would be paying for the cuppa ...£1.50 a cup isn't too expensive is it? Businesses may well want to sponsor such an event in the workplace as a Safety Awareness thing. Those on their own or in small groups could fund their own Teas and use the Just Giving website as suggested to pay their charity donation in (maybe even get the staff at the Daily Mail to join in? :lol:)

I know it's do-able 'cos I already did it. Cheers ...here's to your Health & Safe Tea!
"Talk about Mental Illness - because it will touch your life this year. "
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Keith1983 wrote:Drop me a PM and we can go from there. I may start a facebook group to make it a bit easier on the communication front. That way i will be able to receive and reply to messages more often. If I do I will post a link to it here, presuming that's allowed.
Certainly will be allowed Keith. ./thumbsup..
jonsi wrote:I'm a bit late to this thread but ...

I'm at the wrong end of any road to meet up with most people BUT I'm also not the most active of people so cycling or running with a baton wouldnt be do-able however ...

...a few years ago I arranged a national event via a monthly newsletter that involved both groups and individuals. I'm in Mensa and it has some active local groups around the country who regularly get up to all sorts of different things BUT it has many more members who, for a whole heap of reasons, don't join in with their local group - this isn't a bad thing, it's just the way it is. To try to get them involved in some way I proposed 'Tea (put the at thingy in here) 3:00'.

On a given day, wherever we were we would have a Cup of Tea (or Coffee / Juice / Water / whatever) at 3 o'clock. Then we'd report on where and with whom including pictures etc. We had one woman who sat in her garden and had a cuppa with her dog for company and another crowd who climbed a mountain and took a pic at the top all holding mugs of tea! This way everyone could take part whether they were close to another participant or not - all they needed was a their cup and their drink.

Could we do similar, pick one of the days Jack has mentioned and at a given time of the day we could all have a SafeTea Cuppa . The charity bit would be paying for the cuppa ...£1.50 a cup isn't too expensive is it? Businesses may well want to sponsor such an event in the workplace as a Safety Awareness thing. Those on their own or in small groups could fund their own Teas and use the Just Giving website as suggested to pay their charity donation in (maybe even get the staff at the Daily Mail to join in? :lol:)

I know it's do-able 'cos I already did it. Cheers ...here's to your Health & Safe Tea!
What a great idea...........Health & Safe Tea. ./thumbsup..
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

Brilliant ideas all round folks :D ./thumbsup..

I will gladly help out where I can and will be part of this, but running it and being a major organiser isn't something I can offer at the moment.

I'm more than happy for you guys organising things and making decisions in the name of HSfB, I do trust you.

If you need any dedicated pages set up on the site, maybe even a domain name or whatever, I can sort that out no probs.

Lovin' it :D

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
PaulDonaldson
Twitter: safety-heart

Post by PaulDonaldson »

Keith

Im off on hols for a week(Centre Parcs here we come) but will in touch on my return.
Facebook page sounds great and I know just the person who can set it up if needed.

Paul
If you do what you always done, you will get what you always got.
http://www.safety-heart.co.uk Lets us put safety at the HEART of your business
Keith1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Right then Ladies and gentelemen, I have tried to start a Facebook group for this but it requires me to add memebers of the group upon creation. Can you please add me as a friend on Facebook and when I have a couple of you I can start the group and hopefully invite others. If you would like to do this please pm me on here for my facebook details as I'd rather not put it on a public post! Thanks.
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: @safety_gal

Post by safetygal »

Hi Keith - happy to offer assistance too... I can help you in any way - I am a former Scouter so experienced in the fundraising side of things - maybe be the South area person :) or something like that.

When it comes to making your facebook group you can make it private/ members only - people have to ask to join the group so if you set it up like that you dont get random people joining you only get people joining that are members of HSFB's or those partaking the event!

I do think eventually the idea of having a dedicated site is a great idea if Jack can supply it - after all if it works it would be a great annual event!

Jonsi - love the SafeTEA idea - really love it!

what about sponsorship from a Health and Safety organisation? p.s still not sure about using a newspaper as a sponsorship - we could use any safety org as sponsorship and get coverage in every newspaper - by using the Daily mail we will only get coverage in the daily mail...
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

I am happy to contact H&S type organisations or large companies for sponsorship if it helps. I think the DM was not meant to be all that serious. ;)

PM on way Keith. ./thumbsup..
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by safetygal »

this is me

https://www.facebook.com/#!/lisahelenakelly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

happy to be your FB friend Keith - welcome to my random rubbish
safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by safetygal »

as per a recent PM - if anyone else wishes to add me they are welcome but please let me know who you are as I will only know you via your forum alias

chars!

SG
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

I sent a request SG, didn't add a message to it though.

Keith, please add me (and anybody else who wants to) - https://www.facebook.com/hsfb.jack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our HSfB page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Health-S ... 0937914892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy