Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

pitt
Student
Student

What about a job hunting section?

Post by pitt »

Hi

I like the idea of this forum, however i think it is somewhat limited and it can be changed.

There are many people joining the health and safety field. We already have a section for beginners which is good, however there is none for safety professionals.

There are countries and companies that are currently recruiting many people with experience or without experience. We could have a section on that so we could all help out each other and help people finding better paid jobs (by moving abroad for example).

Just my two cents on that, it would also increase the traffic of this site in the future because i know many people typing on their google engine ''safety jobs in Australia''. The traffic will take time to build up, it wont be an instant effect, however in the long run, the forum will benefit more and have people from all sorts of background.
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Re: What about a job hunting section?

Post by Jack Kane »

Hey Pitt, welcome to the forums :D :wave:

Thanks very much for your feedback, it's always welcome and appreciated ./thumbsup..

The amazing thing about this site is that it brings out the beginner in even a seasoned pro. What I mean is, none of us in the world of HS&E know all the answers and sometimes we just need to ask the question. Our site makes it soooooooo easy for people at all stages in their careers to just ask the question and just get a straight sensible answer without any fear of hearing the horrible term 'you should know better, you are a safety pro'.

The other amazing thing is, we have loads of different types of people here and we all have our place...

- absolute beginner - when I started, I didn't know what a risk assessment was, but I learned and moved on
- a beginner who has just got some qualifications - out into the big bad world, on our own, now the real learning begins!
- comfortable and gaining confidence and competence by the minute
- gaining experience and can now change the world bit by bit
- a seasoned professional, lots of experience, knowledge, skills, confidence - still learning every single day!

Even more amazing is that many of those people hang around here through all of those stages, some from beginning, and eventually we all end up as a seasoned professional still learning every single day.

Not sure it can get any more amazing, but it does! People on here just want to do a good job and help others, that means that the wealth of knowledge and experience grows day by day and we all tap into it. For FREE!

I'm getting carried away, forgive me :lol: I went into complete HSfB appreciation mode there :lol:

To answer your questions...we have tried a jobs section on the forums but it wasn't really for us I'm afraid. I do agree it's great to be able to help people out getting a job and to be fair, I think we have had our fair share of helping people with just that. I for one found my ideal job on these forums, and I know many others have too ;)

Traffic on the site is always welcome and I do my best to drive traffic here, but sometimes the good old fashioned word of mouth is better than any search engine any day of the week. Particularly when we want to attract the amazing quality of amazing people we have here frequently. ./thumbsup..

Anyway, since 2004 we have grown the site to attract between 65,000 and 113,000 visitors to the site per month. This year looks set to smash that.

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
pitt
Student
Student

Post by pitt »

Jack do you have a link for international jobs on this site? i was going through the job agencies and none of them had jobs overseas (such as Australia, Middle east, Canada etc)
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

As I said above Pitt, we do not bad with pointing people towards jobs that come up.

I won't be going down the route of jobs on the forums again as it didn't work in the past and nothing much has changed just now.

Here's a link to international jobs - index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;)

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Pitt,
Whilst as Jack has said above a section specifically for jobs didn't work, there is nothing stopping you posting in the forums asling if anyone is aware of any jobs abroad or good places to look?
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy