rush for pre season friendly's

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

josh_roslyn
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Construction

rush for pre season friendly's

Post by josh_roslyn »

Three weeks ago while finally getting back in to rugby training ("retired" 5 years ago to injury and other commitments) my knee decided to hyper extend whilst doing some light contact drills.

Its been playing me up since then even when not doing anything strenuous (got some laughs when it gave way walking down the corridor and i ended in a heap... no one came to help :( ).

Finally the physio was at training last night and after some prodding and pulling about he told me that it is weak and needs strengthening up and that as i was lucky it was quite "flabby" so i didn't do more damage! :shock:

So its time for montage training and eye of the tiger blaring out to get fit for pre season friendly building up my "flabby" leg muscles. [smilie=dweeba20.gif]

All this to stop my family, friends and my wife taking the mick out of me when i say that i can still play. (only 22)

prove them wrong :twisted:

Josh
Last edited by josh_roslyn on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: rush for pre season friendly's

Post by Alexis »

Sounds quite nasty Josh. Good luck with the recovery, but take it easy until it is completely alright. bighug
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
josh_roslyn
Student
Student

Post by josh_roslyn »

also got to wait for the MD of my company to be in a good mood so i can jump him with my player sponsor forms so i don't have to pay anything for the season....

hmmm maybe ill bring in doughnuts as a bribe .scratch
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

josh_roslyn wrote:also got to wait for the MD of my company to be in a good mood so i can jump him with my player sponsor forms so i don't have to pay anything for the season....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with that one josh. :lol: Maybe bake him a cake??? :lol:

josh_roslyn
Student
Student

Post by josh_roslyn »

Alexis wrote:
josh_roslyn wrote:also got to wait for the MD of my company to be in a good mood so i can jump him with my player sponsor forms so i don't have to pay anything for the season....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with that one josh. :lol: Maybe bake him a cake??? :lol:
i think im trying to make him happy not poison him :lol: :lol: :lol: shop bought is most probably best

none for me though as the new regime at the club means that we have to weigh ourselves in and out of training and i seem to be topping the scales at 122.5kg :shock: :shock: :shock: that's a lot more than what i weighed before i started to get back into it. who says sports make you lose weight.
SafetyJay
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Construction
Occupation: I have completed a National Diploma in Applied Science Majoring in Chemistry, Completed NEBOSH General Certificate in OHS, ISO 9001 Lead Auditor, PTTLS Level 4, PASMA, SSSTS, SMSTS, and am working towards NEBOSH National Diploma.

Post by SafetyJay »

Wish you a speedy recovery :D ./thumbsup..

If i were to suggest any donuts i think you should go for Krispy Kreme!! Special donuts for a special bribe!! Also big enough to fit poison in should you be tempted haha!!!

Its not about what you have gained since starting its about how you feel and besides the knee I'm sure in yourself you feel a hell of lot better for it!!

Take it easy!

:D XX
Success is a failure that tried one more time....
Keith1983
Suitable and Sufficient since 1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Hope you're fighting fit soon Josh. What position do you play just out of interest?
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
josh_roslyn
Student
Student

Post by josh_roslyn »

My last season that I played was U17's and for my old club I was hooker, eastern counties I was tight head prop and for Leicester tigers elite player development center I was tight head prop again.

So hopefully now at 22 i can go back to the fun of the front row where all the action happens :D

I originally started at outside center at U13's for two seasons then to second row then front. :lol:
Keith1983
Industry Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing/ Construction

Post by Keith1983 »

Wow, so you have played at a goo dlevel then! I played at school and then again for a local team when I lived in Lincoln. I certainly didn' tplay at the level you have. I played in the centre or on the wing when I played!
So when the whole world is safe..............what are we going to do then?
ShaneJ
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Food Processing

Post by ShaneJ »

Be very careful of overdoing it before full recovery Josh.

I hyper-extended my knee when playing football many years ago and it swelled up like a balloon. For months afterwards, I used to take anti-inflammatories on the afternoon before an evening game, just to get through it. It settled down eventually.

A few years later I ruptured my ACL and when I went for a scan I was told that I had had previous damage to the patella that had calcified, leaving a lump sticking out of the bottom. It doesn't hurt and no-one told me whether or not that contributed to my ACL tear, but my bet is that it did.

Good luck with the rehab/recovery.
Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
josh_roslyn
Student
Student

Post by josh_roslyn »

Knock back to the recovery rush.

Don't know weather to wait or push though?

Last Thursday after a stress full day I left off early as feeling unwell. Whilst having a disagreement with my wife I felt dizzy so went to get a glass of water.
upon standing up I went really dizzy and fuzzy vision. Next thing I know I was in an awkward position on the floor. My wife wanted to call an ambulance but I was saying that I was fine. In the end I agreed to go to A&E under our own steam.

After several hours in A&E I had my blood pressure taken and ECG done. The ECG was fine I think cause they didn't say anything bout it, but my blood pressure was 185/100 .pale . So they took some bloods and the administered a pill to lower my Blood pressure. thankfully it dropped enough for them to allow me to go home.

Went to the Drs next day and Blood pressure was still high especially at the age of 22 so I am on meds now to lower it, got scan and further blood tests this week.
advised as due to my size that i may want to look at losing a bit of weight.

So now feeling groggy and tired all the time with a head ache and my wife has turned into the secret service of food as I now have to get approval from her on what to eat and checking that I'm not having anything else.

Don't know whether to go training tomorrow night and try and get into the squad for the weekend as its exercise and will help me lose weight or to rest and let my meds start to work

I'm sure my wife will tell me what to do or even hide my boots.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Josh - What a fright you must have had. :(

You take care of yourself and listen to your good woman. Losing weight (lots in here are doing so) would help you more than any medication. ;)

Take care Josh. bighug bighug

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy