Excel Audit Temp and Calculations

Have some quality recovery time from health & safety and chit chat in here about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Excel Audit Temp and Calculations

Post by Safety »

Hi all,

does anyone have an audit excel template that calculates the number of yes questions answered etc?

Or does anyone know how I can do this?
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Adrian
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Re: Excel Audit Temp and Calculations

Post by Adrian »

Hi Safety,

From what you have put, I take it that you want to count how many rows in a column have a value of 'Yes'.

If so, I would suggest that you use the following:

=COUNTIF(F$2:F$346,"Yes")

The above is taken from a spread sheet I use, and only counts the cells if the value in the cell is Yes.
You may already have done this, but to ensure that the same values are entered into the cell each time I would apply data validation to the column so only pre-defined values can be selected.
In my case I have set the permitted values as 'Yes', 'No' and 'n/a'. This ensures that the value entered will always be correct and avoids any typos or capitalisation (?) issues, and you can have running totals for each value.

Please feel free to send me a pm if you have any further questions on this.

Regards

Adrian

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy