Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Twinkle Toes
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Waste and recycling

Post by Twinkle Toes »

Bob

when answering questions don't forget to quantify your answers, by giving examples. this will show your depth of knowledge.

have a look at this - otto is one of gods.

viewtopic.php?t=6051&highlight=

t
[smilie=smiley-faces1.gif]

'Toes
CatDomino

Post by CatDomino »

Quantify the answers - it sounds so simple but is what I'm having difficulty with. Having read Otto's article I think it might just fall into place.

Many thanks Otto, TwinkleToes
Leeski

DAY 3... all good so far! UPDATE

Post by Leeski »

watcha troops!... :D

So monday i commenced... mmm tough day in class and homework was too. By end of today (wed), we all all flowing in fine form in the group. Only 6 candidates, great tutor. All bouncing stuff off each other (and i dont mean the furniture!) and its going really well. Still have some reservations but will wait till next week to see where i am struggling, so stand by your bunks, i may roll call you into submissions of assistance at short notice!!!! :roll: In all, the advice and docs i recieve over the last 2 weeks has put me in good stead thus far. :roll: So great thanx all round. Lets hope i dont hold too many of your feet to the fire next week, eh!!?? : :?

Update you soon, hopefully for benefit of any potential candidates to allay those fears.

Ta ta 4 now guys...

'Lee ('ski)
Gladiator
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius
My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius

Re: DAY 3... all good so far! UPDATE

Post by Gladiator »

Leeski wrote:watcha troops!... :D

So monday i commenced... mmm tough day in class and homework was too. By end of today (wed), we all all flowing in fine form in the group. Only 6 candidates, great tutor. All bouncing stuff off each other (and i dont mean the furniture!) and its going really well. Still have some reservations but will wait till next week to see where i am struggling, so stand by your bunks, i may roll call you into submissions of assistance at short notice!!!! :roll: In all, the advice and docs i recieve over the last 2 weeks has put me in good stead thus far. :roll: So great thanx all round. Lets hope i dont hold too many of your feet to the fire next week, eh!!?? : :?

Update you soon, hopefully for benefit of any potential candidates to allay those fears.

Ta ta 4 now guys...

'Lee ('ski)
Looking fwd to the updates,

G
Leeski

End of week 2.....

Post by Leeski »

hey all...

Sorry not updated earlier...kinda been busy if you know what im saying!

Anyway, end of the course today. Did practical yesterday and have indication of v good marks!! And mock management paper got me 81%... so im feeling rather chipper now. Done a few past exams too and scored well. Dont know why i was so stressed, and havent really struggled with much apart from memory skills!! lol! And thats really the crux of it i think. A lot of information that is compounded into a short space will tax most of us but dont despair kids!!!..... its not so bad if you get into the stuff ahead of your course and exams. So much just fell into the right place at the right time. I have revision next week with the other guys and loads to do this week ready for 2 papers next Friday.

Oh and then im off to panama for 6 weeks ... not at work till feb!(sorry guys!!hee hee)
let you know how i get on and ill be frequenting these boards more afterwars im certain! ;)
dave247
Dangerous Dave
Dangerous Dave
Industry Sector: Waste

Post by dave247 »

Great to see that all went well but just as good to see how positive you are :)
For brilliance and, at the same time, for consistency of achievement, for activity in philanthropic enterprise, for astuteness of management and for general alertness, the superiors of Aston Villa cannot be found
Leeski

Post by Leeski »

Well i was positive, just a shade jaded after hearing of so many apparently intelligent guys failing this!

Maybe that just gave a little cause for doubt since i looked up to these people and hadnt done any intesnive study and examination since my Diving Instructors courses way back in 2001!!! Anyhow, feel great about it and im already planning next years courses for Construction and Environmental!

But true to form is the enxtent of the advice and encouragment here on this site and forums. I am amazed that so many dedicate their own non profiting time to help and advise others. Hopefully in time ill be able to return the favours and contribute.

Incedently, my work next year is to be with National Grid on Gas pipelines (on-shore), is anyone here in this game? i am piepline experienced but some good pointers would be good...

Catch ya laters

Lee ('ski)
Kasper
Student
Student

Post by Kasper »

Hi
Have a bit experience in the oil and gas sector what work will you be doing that you need pointers on if you have pipeline experience you will know what to expect
plant/machinery, escavations,etc
:?
two ears one mouth
hammer1
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Commercial, residential, construction

Post by hammer1 »

WOW :shock: :shock:

Its been a year since I found this site and decided to go down the mainstream H&S route guns bazing :lol: .

With the help of a few wise posters on here, I have progressed soundly during the year, plenty of tips and advice have come my way.

Taking this NEBOSH Gen. was certainly the turning point for me, opened so many doors.
That said it is only the begining of a long journey,and with the help of this site will be successful and rewarding.

To all those who will be taking the December exam, good luck and I hope its a great reward for you as it has been for me.

Onwards and upwards ;)
The song goes...{I'm gonna walk down to electric avenue and I'm gonna say ' have you got PAT testing records for all that mate'}
Leeski

Post by Leeski »

Well, guys.

I got my results back in march. I failed on the managment paper by 1 goddam mark.

anyway, been busy with my inspectors courses and now have resit for course in feb and gonna resit all papers n practical even though i did really well.

keep u posted

lee
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Good on you Lee. :D All the best with the resit and thanks for letting us know. :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Leeski

Post by Leeski »

Cheers al,

yeah, well im a welding, coating and now ultra sonic inspector in gas pipelines. Have Magnetic partical and Dye penetrant inspection courses and exams in new year when im back from my annual 2 months chillin in Panama!) and also the Nat Gen resit. Busy boy u could say. In reflection, there were many questions in the managment paper that werent covered in depth in the course that i felt should have been...

Very difficult when you are guided by a tutor as what to brush up on.

I will no doubt be popping back in here for some pre exam advice on Management Paper so any good tips please keep me abreast if you have the time.

Very much appreciated and thanks for support and good will throughout, guys.

In touch soon

Lee

PS- if i take a modules again, does my highest mark count or most recent? If the latter then ill leave my Practical and Control marks as they are ... both over 70%. Otherwise go for the distinction!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy