Moderator: Moderators

pdhmobile
Student
Student

NGC 3 report

Post by pdhmobile »

Hello everyone

Just a quick question x2 regarding NGC 3

Would you use the templates for these? Just fill in the templates, save them and submit them or would you copy the text into a word document and submit that?

The next and last one is on dates, I know you have to submit the report 10 days before or after the exam date, but when and what date should you put on the actual report for the day it was done?

Can this be any time?

regards

Paul
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: CDM - Rail - Telecoms
Attainments: NGC, NCC, FCC, NDIP (H&S), SMSTS - GradIOSH.

Re: NGC 3 report

Post by YoungNick »

Hi Paul

As per the gc3 guidance document - https://www.nebosh.org.uk/download.asp? ... 191210.pdf - You should be using the templates within the guidance document and writing under the headings on the report template. I would take time out to read the guidance document as it really will give you all the answers needed to correctly complete, submit and successfully pass this part of the course.

You can find the word document templates here, on the right hand side of the page - https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/curr ... ?cref=1348

As for the date on the report, yes it is the date you carried out the inspection and report its self. It should obviously be a date before the submission date (i.e. not a date in the future).

Hope this helps?

Nick
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

A big thank you to all the members here at HSfB.
pdhmobile
Student
Student

Post by pdhmobile »

As for the date on the report, yes it is the date you carried out the inspection and report its self. It should obviously be a date before the submission date (i.e. not a date in the future).

Hope this helps?

Nick
[/quote]

What i am trying to say is, i could have done the workplace visit in Sept but I am not going to submit it until December, is the a timescale for the workplace visit?

In this example would I date it mid november for instance?

Regards

Paul
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: CDM - Rail - Telecoms
Attainments: NGC, NCC, FCC, NDIP (H&S), SMSTS - GradIOSH.

Post by YoungNick »

Hi Paul

I cannot find any guidance on this, NEBOSH do state within the guidance document that " Assessment of the practical unit (GC3) must normally take place within 10 working days of (before or after) the date of the NGC1/IGC1 and/or GC2 written papers (the ‘date of the examination’)." - with this in mind, I would personally select a date within this period of time.

If you are doing the GC3 report separate to the written examinations, then yes I would just date the report on the date you typed it up.

Again NEBOSH do not have much information around this topic that I can find but as long as the report is not from a previous year I think you should be fine. the GC3 examination report is to assess the knowledge gained from both the NGC1 and GC2 sections of the course and how you can apply this when writing a report to management. I do not believe NEBOSH will get to caught up on date, as long as you are submitting the report before the deadline.

Nick
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

A big thank you to all the members here at HSfB.
pdhmobile
Student
Student

Post by pdhmobile »

young nick

thanks for the replies

Pdhmobile
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Post by bernicarey »

You have to remember that NEBOSH don't mark it, that's down to your Training Provider to do, or have done.
So date it in accordance with the guidelines and don't tell your provider if you did it months ago.

However, I do wonder why you are submitting it so separate from having done the NGC1/2 as you haven't mentioned it's a resit.

I'm not sure if you can do that without NEBOSH permission. You might want to check with your provider. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

pdhmobile
Student
Student

Post by pdhmobile »

No its not a resit. I mentioned to my local college (test centre) that I wanted to do NGC 1&2 but I wasn't quite ready to submit my NGC3.

They said its no problem, I can submit my report at the next exam dates (december), so thats what I'm doing.

I thought i had read somewhere at the start of my studies that you couldnt do that, but they are very confident that you can so I will see......................

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy