Revision Methods + tutoring?

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Stu_J

Revision Methods + tutoring?

Post by Stu_J »

Hi All,

I recently made a post about ngc1 so apologies if I am cluttering up the forum, I can merge it across if needs be but I thought it might warrant its own post.

Firstly, does anyone on here offer a tutor service? (paid for of course)
I don't want to make it sound like I am trying to cheat my way through the exam per say, I just think it would be beneficial if someone could guide me through the best learning techniques and revision methods, making sure I am focusing on what is important and what I really need to know.

I've printed off Otto's guide which is brilliant, but should I be expecting to remember absolutely every single regulation? I'm not great at remembering much unless its in mnemonic form, when I sat the exams in May I had about 15 different ones I could reel off, unfortunately only a few actually came up, which also makes me wonder if i am wasting my time on them?

In the run up to my re-sit I will be re-doing the practice papers I can find whilst trying to hone technique which may of let me down, obviously with no access to the markings I won't be able to tell.

I only missed out on passing narrowly last time, but I did all my learning online without a tutor or any help externally.

Many thanks :D :)

Stu
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Revision Methods + tutoring?

Post by Alexis »

Morning Stu. :wave:
Stu_J wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:36 pm Hi All,

I recently made a post about ngc1 so apologies if I am cluttering up the forum, I can merge it across if needs be but I thought it might warrant its own post.

Firstly, does anyone on here offer a tutor service? (paid for of course)
I don't want to make it sound like I am trying to cheat my way through the exam per say, I just think it would be beneficial if someone could guide me through the best learning techniques and revision methods, making sure I am focusing on what is important and what I really need to know.

I've printed off Otto's guide which is brilliant, but should I be expecting to remember absolutely every single regulation? I'm not great at remembering much unless its in mnemonic form, when I sat the exams in May I had about 15 different ones I could reel off, unfortunately only a few actually came up, which also makes me wonder if i am wasting my time on them?

In the run up to my re-sit I will be re-doing the practice papers I can find whilst trying to hone technique which may of let me down, obviously with no access to the markings I won't be able to tell.

I only missed out on passing narrowly last time, but I did all my learning online without a tutor or any help externally.

Many thanks :D :)

Stu
No worries about cluttering anything in here. .salut

I don't know if anyone will reply to your request of tutoring and we don't think you are cheating. .salut

With regards to your question about needing to know ALL the Regulations etc within Otto's guide, here are replies from past posts. Take note of Paul's one. ;) viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45054&p=335048&hil ... on#p335048

There are other past posts you can read in this link too. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38244&p=291434&hili ... me#p291434

Take a look at Jane Rileys Revision Tools especially exam hints and tips and understanding action verbs. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/d ... h-specific

I have a couple of things that I will PM you with Stu. ./thumbsup..

One more thing, don't overload yourself with new things to learn. It's all about passing this time, that's all. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy