New starter Gen Cert Online

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

mattholmes14

New starter Gen Cert Online

Post by mattholmes14 »

Hi I am Matt I have recently began the General Certificate online. I have worked in the Oil and Gas industry for 20 years almost and fancied a change of career direction, I thought I had a good grasp on safety until the course content came through overwhelmed is an understatement lol.

I contacted a number of online providers before settling on one im using, the course was sold to me amazingly was told every week examples of exam questions posted on forum and tutors provide feedback on all questions on forum no matter how long posted. I read through the questions and realised some where in an area like permit to work I knew a little about so I attempted 3 questions put a lot of work into them and posted on forum. The answers sat there for a week admittly easter fell during that time with no feedback then on Thursday my 3 answers just deleted without expananation. Does anyone think this is good practice from provider or am I making to much of it? Was told that because it was old questions and feedback had already been provided the tutors wont provide any more feedback. Also in the whole of 2017 only 5 questions have been posted which isnt what the sales team told me what would happen.
wendolene26
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas / Renewables / Consultancy

Re: New starter Gen Cert Online

Post by wendolene26 »

Is there an option to contact a tutor directly rather than on open forum to discuss your concerns?
You are only a millimetre or a millisecond away from the next incident.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: New starter Gen Cert Online

Post by Alexis »

Hi Matt. :wave: Welcome aboard. :D

I'm with Wendo on this! An open forum is good for questions, but putting full answers from your own work in the forum really isn't wise, so I would wonder why your Tutor isn't speaking to you away from the forums.

It sounds as though you may have been misled by whomever sold you the course, or you have perhaps misunderstood what they meant, which, I hasten to add is not your fault at all. They should have explained much clearer.

I would contact the Provider and ask for an explanation letting them know that their sales team perhaps need to change their sales pitch.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy