March 8th Exams

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

chris carson

March 8th Exams

Post by chris carson »

Hi I'm new to the forum and sat my NGC1 last week in Glasgow.( Aberdeen in June for NGC2 )

As I'm studying through e-learning I didn't know anyone there to chat with afterwards about how they thought the questions went.

Did anyone else sit NGC1 last week in Glasgow ? How did you feel the questions went ?

I'd also like opinions on e-learning . Good, bad , indifferent ?

Chris
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: March 8th Exams

Post by Alexis »

chris carson wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 pm Hi I'm new to the forum and sat my NGC1 last week in Glasgow.( Aberdeen in June for NGC2 )

As I'm studying through e-learning I didn't know anyone there to chat with afterwards about how they thought the questions went.

Did anyone else sit NGC1 last week in Glasgow ? How did you feel the questions went ?

I'd also like opinions on e-learning . Good, bad , indifferent ?

Chris
Good Morning and Welcome to HSfB Chris. .cheers Good to have you aboard. .salut

I understand why with e-learning you are seeking someone (anyone) to mull over the questions with, but not always a good idea. ;)

I went down the Distance Learning route, which is really very similar to e-learning. The feeling of being alone certainly isn't at all motivating nor inspiring. Discipline and organisation of study materials is the key I think. Separating the wheat from the chaff with the self-collected study materials I found certainly helped me. We can collect much too much information from the web etc, which then becomes so muddled that we learn nothing.

Don't know if you have found our main site pages yet Chris, but if not, here is the link (accessed via the forums link at the top of your post).
http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/ These Downloads are all in the one place for you with many of them easy to read and understand without reams of paper. Maybe of help to you. ;)

Look forward to your posts even if you just need to know there are others out there. ;)
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
chris carson

Post by chris carson »

Hi, I just resat my NGC1 on Wednesday 6th December 2017 having previously passed NGC 2 & 3 this summer. (Failed NGC 1 in March with 34% as I didn't do any studying. ) E-Learning.

What did everyone else think of the questions ?
chris carson

Post by chris carson »

Update on post below.
Received my results and it's a fail again (put the at thingy in here) 39% , which I don't understand as I got 34% last time without studying . This time I studied faithfully.
I've booked my re-test for June but seriously don't know where I went wrong as my course access is now closed, only accessible for a year.
I do have notebooks full of study material but is there any point in using them as these are what I used last time.

As far as I'm aware there is no way of finding out where I went wrong from NEBOSH.

NGC2 & 3 results were high 70's .
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Good Morning to you Chris.

So sorry to hear of your refer. It must be awful not to know where you may have gone wrong, but with both marks being similar, I would suggest it may be one specific area that you are losing marks in.

I am hoping some of our members who sat their exams at the same time as yourself may come in with some opinions.

I am going to PM you shortly with some of my own study "stuff" that may offer an insight of where I went wrong/right. ;)

chris carson

Post by chris carson »

Sent you an e-mail .
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

chris carson wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:04 am Sent you an e-mail .
./thumbsup..

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy