Resit

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

dc240969
Student
Student

Resit

Post by dc240969 »

Just resat the NGC1. Felt l did well. Didnt give myself enough study time and crammed NGC1 and 2 in the same day last time. Only fluncked by 3 marks as well. This time round was much better. time will tell if l answered with the correct command word requirements.

In addition to NGC l started the Diploma a while back and did unit A in July. Same thing again, didnt give enough study time before the exam, completed the unit but not as in depth as l should have. case law probably let me down. Should be getting unit A results before the end of the month. Next unit A exam is January, so enough time to go over unit A again and concentrate on what l felt l was weakest on.
Been out of work since last October so have been studying anything relevant that l can, but need to reign it in a bit as theres only so much l feel is relevant. Is there any point on doing any other courses at NGC level or does the diploma surpass them, ie National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, Oil and Gas Operational Safety etc. With those being NQF level three and the Diploma being level 6.
AMC1
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Twitter: @Andy757T
Industry Sector: Public
Occupation: Recent University Graduate, Health and Safety beginner

Re: Resit

Post by AMC1 »

Best of luck for results time - NGC feedback thoughts sound promising.

It must be difficult trying to do both at the same time, but I'd imagine helpful in parts where two elements might correlate with each other.

Just out of interest how did you find unit A in comparison to the NGC1 prep, more difficult to grasp or vice versa?
The safety bear says "survive to fight another day"
dc240969
Student
Student

Post by dc240969 »

Unit A was far more in depth but covered a lot of legislation and case law. Cant say there is a comparison really. A lot of NGC1 in unit A, but expanded.
AMC1
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Twitter: @Andy757T
Industry Sector: Public
Occupation: Recent University Graduate, Health and Safety beginner

Post by AMC1 »

dc240969 wrote:Unit A was far more in depth but covered a lot of legislation and case law. Cant say there is a comparison really. A lot of NGC1 in unit A, but expanded.
Cheers for that insight, gives me a good grasp of what to expect when I get there :)
The safety bear says "survive to fight another day"
dc240969
Student
Student

Post by dc240969 »

Result in today, pass. NGC complete. Focusing on Unit A resit now. Then move on to b and c pass or fail.
Mat

Post by Mat »

dc240969 wrote:Result in today, pass. NGC complete. Focusing on Unit A resit now. Then move on to b and c pass or fail.
Awesome news on the pass...... may I be the first to congratulate you on it.

Anyway, now that that is out of the way, it's time to crack on with the real deal, the diploma.....

The move from cert to dip is like going from driving licence to commercial pilots licence. Bit of a jump, but unbelievably well worth it.

Good luck, and I hope a job sorts itself shortly if it hasn't already!
dc240969
Student
Student

Post by dc240969 »

Thanks Mat. fully focused on Unit A. My provider has recently changed the contents, it reads a lot easier. The difficulty l have now is financial as the actual test is only £82 to sit it in Hull, including train and accommodation which bumps it up considerably. I found a closer exam location, but they are charging £162 just for the privilege of using the location, then theres £82. Works out the same. blinking liberty.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

dc240969 wrote:Result in today, pass. NGC complete. Focusing on Unit A resit now. Then move on to b and c pass or fail.
Excellent news dc! .bounce congrats

All the best with the next stage. .salut

Remember we have some downloads on our new website to help. http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/do ... h-specific" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
dc240969
Student
Student

Post by dc240969 »

Downloaded them all thanks. Need to get some old exam papers for unit A.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

dc240969 wrote:Downloaded them all thanks. Need to get some old exam papers for unit A.
https://www.nebosh.org.uk/students/defa ... ?cref=1444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy