Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

petemac007
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Government

Suitable course manual

Post by petemac007 »

Hi all I am currently reading introduction to health & safety (put the at thingy in here) work by Phil huges & Ed ferrett. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-He ... b_title_bk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Cant seem to get my head around it lol.

What I would like to know is there much difference in this book to the one above Introduction to Health and Safety at Work: The Handbook for the NEBOSH National General Certificate http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 89-9263656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bernicarey
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire
Twitter: @bernicarey
Industry Sector: Consultancy/Training

Re: Suitable course manual

Post by bernicarey »

Hi Pete
First off, let me say I have split this from the topic which you had added it to. That topic was from some 7 years ago, so a fresh start is much more relevant.

As to your question, you appear to be referencing Amazon pages offering different editions of the same book. Your first link is 5th Ed, from 2011, the other link I have no idea, but it would appear to be the 1st Ed, although the facility to see inside goes to a link to the 2nd addition, which has yet another cover. .scratch

Quite honestly, if you already have a copy of the book, I don't understand why you are asking the question?

The latest edition is always good, since it encompasses the latest changes to the law and regulations. .salut
www.belvoirsafety.co.uk

Tomorrow - your reward for being safe today...

safetygal
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: @safety_gal

Post by safetygal »

Hi Pete

from what I understand, you are struggling with the book you have and are hoping for a book that will explain it better?

if you are doing your certificate through a provider then I would stick to the books they give you, I found that Ed Ferrets books just confused me. However the one thing I found really useful during my certificate was the revision cards

http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/books.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is a really useful tool - comes recommended

Berni is right, the latest edition is always going to be the best option but I would discuss it with your provider...

good luck
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Pete, http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/Downloads.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;) In case I haven't mentioned to others for a wee while, to gain access to the main site pages with all the freebies, just click on the big logo at the top of this page and you are there. ./thumbsup..
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
petemac007
Student
Student

Post by petemac007 »

bernicarey wrote:Hi Pete
First off, let me say I have split this from the topic which you had added it to. That topic was from some 7 years ago, so a fresh start is much more relevant.

As to your question, you appear to be referencing Amazon pages offering different editions of the same book. Your first link is 5th Ed, from 2011, the other link I have no idea, but it would appear to be the 1st Ed, although the facility to see inside goes to a link to the 2nd addition, which has yet another cover. .scratch

Quite honestly, if you already have a copy of the book, I don't understand why you are asking the question?

The latest edition is always good, since it encompasses the latest changes to the law and regulations. .salut
Hi and appreciate your reply. I am kinda new to H&S and on looking at it yes you are right and apologise for my mistake re the 2 books.
petemac007
Student
Student

Post by petemac007 »

safetygal wrote:Hi Pete

from what I understand, you are struggling with the book you have and are hoping for a book that will explain it better?

if you are doing your certificate through a provider then I would stick to the books they give you, I found that Ed Ferrets books just confused me. However the one thing I found really useful during my certificate was the revision cards

http://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/books.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is a really useful tool - comes recommended

Berni is right, the latest edition is always going to be the best option but I would discuss it with your provider...

good luck
Hi safetygal

Thank you for your reply. I am not doing the NEBOSH cert yet as I am currently studying the Diploma in OHS through my union but just looking at extra revision aids, if that makes sense.

Thank you for the link very useful.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy