Case where Employee fined for H&S Breaches

Post all your health and safety law questions in here, whether it's case law, general law, individual Acts or Regulations you are challenged with, we are all here to help.

Moderator: Moderators

Safetyrail
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Utilities

Case where Employee fined for H&S Breaches

Post by Safetyrail »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a case where a general employee with management responsiblites has been prosecuted for health and safety breaches.

SR
kevlarion
Blue Sky Moderator
Blue Sky Moderator

Re: Case where Employee fined for H&S Breaches

Post by kevlarion »

A general employee with management responsibilities would I guess be a supervisor or junior manager.

I can think of several instances in the H&S press where the supervisor has been prosecuted for instruction an untrained person to use a forklift truck resulting in a fatality.
There was a case last year where the maintenance supervisor of a factory was prosecuted because lockouts on guards were bypassed which lead to a fatality.

I don't have links to these, but if you go to http://www.hse.gov.uk/prosecutions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can search prosecutions by HASWA section, so search on sections 7 and 37 to find these prosecutions.
If it isn't broken, that doesn't mean you can't improve it. (Do three negatives make a positive ?)
Seand
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Aerospace

Re: Case where Employee fined for H&S Breaches

Post by Seand »

Excellent link that Kev....especially the search function :-)

Thanks

Sean

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy