Safety Files

Introduce yourself in here if you like :wave:

Moderator: Moderators

Bleddyn

Safety Files

Post by Bleddyn »

Hi
I deal with a number of Commercial Building Managers around the country who have asked for a H&S File/Folder to be left in each of their buildings, around 25 at the moment and growing :(

The file consist of our insurance details, training records,copies of signed policies, COSHH Assessments, Generic RAMS for reactive repairs etc..

As you can imagine, this is rather time consuming from my end and isn't something that i can push back on as my boss sees it as providing our clients with a service.

i was wondering Is there a online tool or portal somewhere, where the clients can log onto and access the up to date info remotely, without me having to visit each site.?

Thanks
BJ
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: Safety Files

Post by Alexis »

Hi Bleddyn. :wave:

Welcome to HSfB. Does your company not have their own Intranet that you could use?

Maybe our members have had this problem in the past and will come in with their solutions.

Good to have you with us Bleddyn.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
fs1982
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Engineering - Welding/Fabrication

Post by fs1982 »

As a small business we came across a system called The Action Manager (http://www.theactionmanager.com/) which might fit your needs. Our employees work out on our customers sites and this system allows all our customers to log in and view all our safety related information in one place and also means that we know they are seeing the most up to date versions. All our customers use one non-user log in to view the information but this doesn't track their log ins; if you wanted to track them you would need to set them up as users.

It is low cost (£12 per user per year minimum 20 users) and it might fit your needs. They offer a free 3 month trial so you can easily have a look and see if it will work.

I have no affiliation to this company other than the fact we have used their system for the last 4 years. If you have any questions feel free to contact me by private message.
Andyblue

Post by Andyblue »

Sharing the separate files or folders across Dropbox or similar would seem to fit the case with the folder owner (you) able to share which files are accessible to whom and rights to update, alter etc. Seems to suit your needs, readily accessible, expandable & secure.
I've not used it directly as the document holder but Google sheets goes even further in terms of audit trail facility.
Bleddyn

Post by Bleddyn »

Thanks Everyone.
Will look into The Action Manager.

Sorry, should have introduced myself..

Proud Welshman :)

Been working in and around H&S for over 20 years mainly in manufacturing, public sector and now in the construction/maintenance business.

I'm about to start a NCRQ Diploma in March which will be a bit different as i've always gone the NEBOSH Route in the past.

Would like to hear how people have got on with the new qualification.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy