CV Requests

Hundreds of free health and safety downloads. Toolbox talks. Safety jobs. Discussion forums - NEBOSH, NVQ, SVQ, NCRQ. It's all about sharing best practice.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

CV Requests

Post by Alexis » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Just to let you know, I will be refraining from doing CV's until August 2012, however, the ones I have at the moment will be completed very soon and if anyone needs updates on any I have done previously, this does not apply.

The reason for this break is simply because I need a little time to spend on re-doing the FAQ section and bringing it up to date.

Hope this doesn't pose too much of a problem for anyone.

If an urgent request is made, I will, of course, consider it. :)

Thank you folks. :D
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: CV Requests

Post by Alexis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 am

I am stopping doing full new CV's from the end of this week folks. The four I have at the moment, I will of course complete.

Anyone I have ever done one for is welcome to contact me for on-going updates. Happy to continue reviewing and maintaining those.

There are a number of reasons for cutting back on the CV's:

1 This has become a full time job in itself, which is taking up most of my HSfB time leaving me pushed to do other things that equally could help our members unless I do them in the evenings, which isn't a good idea as I am sure you all agree.
2 I personally read every single word of the CV's I am sent and re-do much of the wording from beginning to end, so it is a very slow individual process and can take days just to complete one. (This is not a complaint. I enjoy doing this.)
3 I need a little more attention to my health for a couple of months.
4 Finally, some people are coming into our site simply to request CV's without any input to our site or forums. I am all for helping anyone believe me, but recently there have been a few that I would term "chancers" whom I have politely refused.

My intention, over the coming weeks, is to try and create a number of templates/designs, suggested wording (that is where the biggest problems seem to lie) and useful up-to-date researched information as to how to go about gearing CV's to make it past the initial elimination processes used nowadays. I will also attempt to point people in the right direction as to how they can make the CV specific to H&S which also seems to be one of the biggest problems. (Gonna be a big download Jack! :lol: )

Having said all of the above, NO-ONE HAS TO BE WARY OF CONTACTING ME IF THEY ARE STRUGGLING!! I will always be happy to offer guidance and assistance and by next year, I may well be doing them from scratch again. :lol: (who knows!)

If anyone is going to lose a chance of a potential job, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will sort one out. I couldn't have it on my conscience if someone lost a new job because I didn't help. .pale

So, that's the story on the CV front at the moment. I know our dedicated HSfB family will understand. I must reiterate if anyone is struggling or needs an old one I have done for them updated/revamped, it will be no problem at all to help, so please dooooo contact me. ./thumbsup.. Those ones are easy-peasy to do and only take a very short amount of time.

I will post in here when my new CV downloads are on the site, but it won't be until about January.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Get Listed for Free on our New Business Directory

Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy