NCRQ First Assignment

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

NCRQ First Assignment

Post by Safe&Sound »

So after a busy year I've finally knuckled down and got on with my NCRQ, so much so that I've sent off my assignment 1 and await eagerly for the results.

Have to say this is a great course and I love the way it's laid out and comes across, especially that I've actually enjoyed working on the assignment and had little stress/panic like I had with NEBOSH. I truly recommend to anyone that's currently considering it.

Will keep you updated when I get the results .salut

Craig
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NCRQ First Assignment

Post by Alexis »

Safe&Sound wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 pm So after a busy year I've finally knuckled down and got on with my NCRQ, so much so that I've sent off my assignment 1 and await eagerly for the results.

Have to say this is a great course and I love the way it's laid out and comes across, especially that I've actually enjoyed working on the assignment and had little stress/panic like I had with NEBOSH. I truly recommend to anyone that's currently considering it.

Will keep you updated when I get the results .salut

Craig
Well done Craig! clapclap

I am positive you will do well on this course, or any course actually. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
SKD
Student
Student

Post by SKD »

Good luck on your first assignment.

I completed the NCRQ diploma well over 18months ago and I must admit I did enjoy every minute of it, its such a refreshing way to study.

George
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

Thank you both :)

Still anxiously waiting for the results .bounce .bounce
Toasterinthebath
Student
Student

Post by Toasterinthebath »

Any news yet? Fingers and toes crossed
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

Unfortunately I failed my first assignment :oops:

The accessor claims it was a good assessment however I needed to improve the reasonably practicable controls on the first two hazards I spoke about (Working at Height). Oddly enough, I failed on the parts I worked the hardest on yet did well in the parts I feel I rushed... :shock:

I rang my Tutor who has given some feedback and I resubmitted a second attempt on Tuesday so once again.....fingers crossed!

Regards

Craig
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Morning S&S. :wave:

I hate the word fail! How can anyone fail.....it's all relevant........"everything is quantifiable in terms of individual perception or opinion," therefore, as I see it, we do not fail, we merely learn for that specific requirement, which in turn adds to our knowledge and understanding for future roles in society.

You will pass the requirement next time for sure Craig. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
maquirky
Student
Student

Post by maquirky »

Safe&Sound wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:41 am Unfortunately I failed my first assignment :oops:

The accessor claims it was a good assessment however I needed to improve the reasonably practicable controls on the first two hazards I spoke about (Working at Height). Oddly enough, I failed on the parts I worked the hardest on yet did well in the parts I feel I rushed... :shock:

I rang my Tutor who has given some feedback and I resubmitted a second attempt on Tuesday so once again.....fingers crossed!

Regards

Craig
Don't be too disheartened. I had a refer for my first assignment too and the feeling is gut wrenching, especially when you put in so much time and effort. The feedback I received actually opened my eyes to the fact that I had missed a crucial point within my risk assessment. Take on board all of the feedback. Like you say, the tutors do give positives as well as pointing out areas that need improving. I resubmitted mine and it came back with a distinction so fingers crossed you'll do well too!
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

maquirky wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:11 am Don't be too disheartened. I had a refer for my first assignment too and the feeling is gut wrenching, especially when you put in so much time and effort. The feedback I received actually opened my eyes to the fact that I had missed a crucial point within my risk assessment. Take on board all of the feedback. Like you say, the tutors do give positives as well as pointing out areas that need improving. I resubmitted mine and it came back with a distinction so fingers crossed you'll do well too!
Hi Maquirky,

I must admit I was a bit cheesed off to read my results especially when I was on holiday at the time! But going through the assessors comments and speaking to Alexis, my tutor and colleagues I can see where I didn't quite reach the mark. In actual fact after a bit more research I was quite surprised I left out some obvious controls!

Time and time again I tend to over think things and therefore miss the obvious that's in front of me.

I've taken into account the feedback and look forward to my next result. I've currently got my head back in the book with a morning coffee (one of many!) and am near to requesting Assignment 2.

Thanks for your comments .salut
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

Don't get disheartened, this is a learning process and distance learning isn't the best way of teaching people so there is some trial and error involved.

A big part of this is figuring out what the examiners want from you and I feel that on a couple of assignments that's not always been clear. I'm currently on my 3rd attempt and I believe it has purely been down to understanding what the examiner wants to see rather than not understanding the subject of the assignment. You've spoken to your tutors which is the best way forward in this situation. The feedback forms are not the best so direct communication is better.

One piece of advice, try to avoid discussing ANY content of an assignment on a forum. Even in the vaguest terms. They have sniffer software that looks all over the internet for keywords and they will pull you up over it and put you through and investigation and disciplinary process. I fell foul of this previously on here and I was only asking for advice on a question that arose from the assignment and wasn't directly related to the answer I gave. Like a side issue not related to the original question.

Read the student handbook on what you can and cant talk about on forums (which largely amounts to nothing and everything).

Edit: Sheeesh, make that 4th attempt. Dont agree with the feed back and now feel like im being milked for additional money.
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

Hi Stephen,

I feel better now and still await my next round of results .bounce

I agree that the feedback can appear rather vague however the tutor helped confirm what was expected and gave me a nudge in the right direction.

Sorry to hear about the 4th attempt, keep trying and Im sure you'll do well. is there a appeals process?

Craig
Safe&Sound
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Safe&Sound »

The result are in................*DRUM ROLL*...............

After the second attempt I have earned a Merit for my first assignment .cheers .cheers .cheers .cheers

Absolutely buzzing and have just requested Assignment number 2!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy