NCRQ Diploma

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Thunderchild
Twitter: @sjuggins
Industry Sector: Warehouse and Manufacturing

NCRQ Diploma

Post by Thunderchild »

So I have failed unit D once more and to be honest I have had enough of it now, my time is nearly up on this and I really am not up for a full re-write. I have Units B and C passed and re-took A last month but not hopeful on that front so......

Anyone have thoughts on the NRCQ route? I feel this is more my bag reading the website. If it had been about when I first started down this road I would have taken it (old company paid for the diploma and wouldn't even consider the NVQ at the time).

Any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent?

Ta peeps!

PS

Commiserated with chocolate last night, felt much better after! LOL
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Re: NCRQ Diploma

Post by Alexis »

Thunderchild wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 pm So I have failed unit D once more and to be honest I have had enough of it now, my time is nearly up on this and I really am not up for a full re-write. I have Units B and C passed and re-took A last month but not hopeful on that front so......

Anyone have thoughts on the NRCQ route? I feel this is more my bag reading the website. If it had been about when I first started down this road I would have taken it (old company paid for the diploma and wouldn't even consider the NVQ at the time).

Any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent?

Ta peeps!

PS

Commiserated with chocolate last night, felt much better after! LOL
Aww Thunderchild, I am so very sorry for you. .pale

Let's see what our members can offer by way of their own experiences.

Gutted for you! bighug
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
stephen1974
Anorak Extraordinaire
Anorak Extraordinaire

Post by stephen1974 »

I cant comment to much on the NEBOSH Diploma, but i've attempted learning the NEBOSH certificate, and i'm currently doing the NCRQ Diploma.

NCRQ seem to market their course as a direct comparison for NEBOSH. NEBOSH certificate, NCRQ certificate. NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Diploma. IMO, they are not comparable.

In terms of what each covers (subject matter), The NCRQ Certificate covers the same as the NGC1, just in a different way. NEBOSH is all factual lists and reciting stututes and acts etc where as the NCRQ is all applied health and safety, assess or investigate a situation, provide solutions ec. Real world health and safety not lawyers health and safety.

The NCRQ Diploma covers the same as the NGC1 and NGC2.

Going by course content, the NEBOSH DIploma seems to cover the same things but in greater depth. It looks like its the better of the two diplomas but much harder to obtain because of the way the exams are done.

I would argue that if you are looking to do H&S qualifications you do the NCRQ Diploma as its a much easier way in, but that you attempt to do the NEBOSH certificate as well. The two compliment each other.

By the time you get to a level where you need a NEBOSH Diploma, you should have enough experience to make it irrelevant anyway and the NCRQ Diploma will be sufficient.
Last edited by stephen1974 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderchild

Post by Thunderchild »

Thanks for the reply.

I already have the NEBOSH Cert. I just cant get through the NEBOSH diploma so was looking at the NRCQ Diploma.
Owen2727

Post by Owen2727 »

I personally would recommend going the NCRQ route, I find it a massive breath of fresh air! Like you I hold a Nebosh General Certificate and I am also currently studying for the Nebosh Fire Certificate, and I can tell you the difference between them seems like night and day. Cramming for my fire exam in March, attempting to remember every single sentence just incase a question comes up.

In my NCRQ diploma I feel like im actually learning and getting into the health and safety mindset, I can't knock the support from the tutors either as I have found them very helpful every step of the way. What I mainly enjoy about it however is the fact they dont care (in terms of the way Nebosh does) about the way you write your assessments aslong as you show a good understanding of the subject and apply what you have learnt to any given scenario.

I'd say give the first certificate a go if you want a feel of what the course is like, after that you can easily carry on with the other units if you enjoy it.

I would say though dont give up on your Nebosh Diploma as you hold half of the units! might be worth looking back at when you finish the NCRQ (if you go that route) can't be a bad thing having two diplomas to your name haha!
Thunderchild

Post by Thunderchild »

Thanks for this!

I only have till July to complete the NEBOSH Diploma now so time and my heart are not in it.
Owen2727

Post by Owen2727 »

ahhhhh sorry to hear thunderchild!, then yes in that case I would definately recommend going the NCRQ route!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Owen2727 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:46 pm ahhhhh sorry to hear thunderchild!, then yes in that case I would definately recommend going the NCRQ route!
Hi Owen 2727. Welcome to HSfB. Thank you for your input in this post. ./thumbsup..

Good to have you aboard.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
pmbl
Student
Student

Post by pmbl »

Hi there
I would definately recommend NCRQ. I got distinctions in every assignment - there is no way on earth I could have passed Nebosh. It is not easier but for someone like me who struggles with working memory it was a breath of fresh air. In addition I genuinely feel confident that I can apply what I have learnt in the real world and not just learnt enough for an exam. The assignments are very real and they are more interested in your understanding and implementation than learning things parrot fashion.
Hope that helps.
Good luck 👍
Thunderchild

Post by Thunderchild »

Thanks for the reply. I'm taking a break from it all and will look to apply later in the year.
dallynj
Student
Student
Twitter: @dallynj
Industry Sector: chemical

Post by dallynj »

I'm very similar to this, passed units A & C been referred on unit B a couple of times and had one referral on Unit D. I want to get back into it but cant seem to get the motivation.

The NCRQ does look a more attractive option and my company has offered to fund it too. I've got until next year to complete the diploma and don't want to just quit.
klakin
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Post by klakin »

I have done the Nebosh and NCRQ route. The NCRQ is a practical way to look at things and may be easier to apply to your work. Good luck with your journey ./thumbsup..

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy