Moderator: Moderators

TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Civil Eng, HV Elec, Remediation Soil/Wat

UNIT DNI (NEW) - Having a Panic

Post by TWDB »

Guys,

For various reasons (mostly My work not being very helpful and issues raising their head at the wrong time / perfect storm) I missed the deadline for the "Old" Unit D submission in Nov 2017.

No means I need to submit under the ne guidance for the Unit DNI.

gutted and worried all efforts to date on this have now been wasted.

any one else out there doing a submission in Feb and can pass on words of advise on what is required? just seeing words without understanding whats required at the moment

Arghhhhhh !

T
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
JonBoy78

Re: UNIT DNI (NEW) - Having a Panic

Post by JonBoy78 »

Im in the same situation as you.

The old Unit D seemed quite straightforward so I felt I could probably complete in 2-3 weeks.

Now I have until the end of Feb to submit Unit DNI and I just cant get going. Its a completely different report to the old type, focusing on the HSG65 management system and pigeon holing you into certain aspects.

There is very little guidance out there, but from what I have read people say to use the NEBOSH guidance questions and answer them in your report. To me thats easier said than done and quite honestly seems to be repeating myself when I attempt to do so.

Im more or less resigned that its not going to be this month and I will have to give myself longer and submit in May. I will then have to pay the exam fee for the next submission. :cry:

If you do find anything helpful out there please let me know!
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by TWDB »

sort or glad someone is feeling the Same, after the initial panic I settled down and read the NEBOSH guidance carefully and am following the structure.

I'm going to try my hardest to get something in at least when mark comes back will see where I am.

I didn't find the old Unit D that easy as i kept doing little bits and leaving it and coming back so got a bit truncated, just gutted all the work I had done is now wasted.

https://www.alcumusgroup.com/nebosh-dip ... e-briefing, found this as ok review and this

https://safetyblog.astutis.com/2017/03/ ... -d-to-dni/, as a bit of a check list.

I'll keep you posted. let me know how your doing

just want this thing done now !!!
Update: taken a new job :D hopefully confidence and positivity will return with new challenge - scary though leaving current place after 16 years (6 years H&S !) :shock:
(previous signature: was motivated once ..................... searching to get it back ! .scratch)
JonBoy78

Post by JonBoy78 »

Yes I know what you mean it just drags on and on, just want to get some sort of life back again!

The problem I see is that if I do submit something this month and its not up to scratch I wont know result until probably late April / early may.

By which time it will be too late to register for the May submission, and I will have to submit in August!

Stuck between a rock and a hard place .scratch
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by TWDB »

just go for it ! I say ! you never know.

just hope I can get something done ! work is crazy busy at the mo
T
ens133

Post by ens133 »

Hi

I have registered to submit unit DNI at end of February 2018, and to be honest I reached up to the review and critical analysis part and stuck, what is required to be done I don't have any idea. any body can advise or guide. is it required to make a table and compare the current management system with HSG65 or OHSAS 18001 or need to write paragraphs explaining the current HSE management system and the gaps......
any advise or guidance that can help..

Cheers
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

ens133 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 am Hi

I have registered to submit unit DNI at end of February 2018, and to be honest I reached up to the review and critical analysis part and stuck, what is required to be done I don't have any idea. any body can advise or guide. is it required to make a table and compare the current management system with HSG65 or OHSAS 18001 or need to write paragraphs explaining the current HSE management system and the gaps......
any advise or guidance that can help..

Cheers
Hi ens133. Just a warm welcome to HSfB from me. Sorry I haven't anything to offer by way of help for your question. I know our members will offer what they can.

I will have a search in our forums and see if there are some past posts that will help.

Maybe some guidance in this link?
https://safetyblog.astutis.com/2014/07/ ... ssignment/

Good luck.
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
ens133

Post by ens133 »

Thanks for the feedback, I will check the given site.

It is really complicated, I have tried to get some feedback or advise from my course provider but they couldn't provide any useful help. asking my tp compare the current HSE management system with ISO 45001 which is not released yet...............................
TWDB
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by TWDB »

having a manic panic on this today,

throwing word at the page with no rhyme and reason and getting no where.

T
dwarf1987

Post by dwarf1987 »

Hitting a wall with my DNI Today - I feel like I am writing too much... if anyone has submitted theirs, how many pages did you come out with in the end??
UnitDNIWOW

Post by UnitDNIWOW »

Mine is currently standing at 44 pages and that is the resubmission. I feel like I am just constantly repeating myself I have to consistently provide an argument as to why the improvements need to be made too - is 'you will kill people' not enough for NEBOSH :roll: - Sorry being a bit cynical there but it is practically what I have put plus, not being legally compliant, lack of morale in staff, potential for fines and prosecutions, lack of business the lists goes on!

I have detailed the improvements that need to be made 4 times! Once in the Executive summary, once in the actual improvements and recommendations, once in the critical analysis and then again in the conclusion and I have to provide the same argument each time - WHY?!
JonBoy78

Post by JonBoy78 »

UnitDNIWOW wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 am Mine is currently standing at 44 pages and that is the resubmission. I feel like I am just constantly repeating myself I have to consistently provide an argument as to why the improvements need to be made too - is 'you will kill people' not enough for NEBOSH :roll: - Sorry being a bit cynical there but it is practically what I have put plus, not being legally compliant, lack of morale in staff, potential for fines and prosecutions, lack of business the lists goes on!

I have detailed the improvements that need to be made 4 times! Once in the Executive summary, once in the actual improvements and recommendations, once in the critical analysis and then again in the conclusion and I have to provide the same argument each time - WHY?!
Hi, I read your comments and I understand what you mean

Im just starting on the Evaluation of Improvements, and Im confused. Do you have to write these and then do it all again in the conclusions and recommendations part, then summarise it again in the executive summary??...Thats the way it appears to read!

This assignment is a nightmare - far more stressful than any exams.

Ive got absolutely nothing to compare mine to, so no idea if Im on the right lines or not!!!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy