Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Dixieleeds6
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Health Physics / Nuclear

How did everyone get on? Unit A Exams

Post by Dixieleeds6 »

I was resitting my Unit A exam today, felt a lot more comfortable and feel fairly confident.

I feel I may have just done enough to pass.. fingers crossed! The motivation model stumped me a little, not going to lie didn't cover that as much as I should of.

How did you guys get on?
jls17

Re: How did everyone get on? Unit A Exams

Post by jls17 »

Hello

I sat my Unit A (1st resit) yesterday - not very happy with how I did. I thought it was worse than January's... Probably looking at another resit.
Found the paper to be full of just culture and cost benefit analysis in the questions.

Had a tear in my eye as I walked back to the car.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

jls17 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:21 pm Hello

I sat my Unit A (1st resit) yesterday - not very happy with how I did. I thought it was worse than January's... Probably looking at another resit.
Found the paper to be full of just culture and cost benefit analysis in the questions.

Had a tear in my eye as I walked back to the car.
Hi jls. :wave: Bet you've done better than you think. ;)

Regardless......a very warm welcome to the place where you can have a cry, a laugh, or even find out useful hints and tips for your ongoing study and we will support you always. .salut .salut .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
cs91

Post by cs91 »

Any idea on what the answer or path to take in regards to the train driver/alertness question was? Was surprised there wasn't much on the Act/Regs or any Civil law.

Done now, lets enjoy the time off!
Dixieleeds6
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Health Physics / Nuclear

Post by Dixieleeds6 »

Not sure about the driver alert question. I believe I went more towards the organisation, individual & Job route.. could be way off thou.

The three 20 mark questions I went for was the section 6 HSWA 1974, active/reactive monitoring & Investigation.

I struggled with the sheer amount of writing, it knackers you out let alone trying to pin point every mark.
maquirky
Student
Student

Post by maquirky »

I know we were told we'd receive our results by 29th September but has anyone had theirs yet? The suspense is killing me!
Blaydon1

Post by Blaydon1 »

Not much help, but Unit C are out - I'd have expected Unit A to be the first ones released.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi Blaydon1. Welcome aboard and best of luck with your results. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Blaydon1

Post by Blaydon1 »

Thanks, Alexis. I've got to say I've never been so confident after an exam as I was following Unit C in July (this was a resit after failing it by 1 mark in January). An absolute dead cert pass and NEBOSH completed. Or at least I thought it was until opening the email earlier and finding out I'd failed by 10 marks this time! Something has gone disaterously wrong - not sure it'll do any good, but I'm asking for a clerical check. You never know!

Chris
maquirky
Student
Student

Post by maquirky »

Blaydon1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:38 pm Thanks, Alexis. I've got to say I've never been so confident after an exam as I was following Unit C in July (this was a resit after failing it by 1 mark in January). An absolute dead cert pass and NEBOSH completed. Or at least I thought it was until opening the email earlier and finding out I'd failed by 10 marks this time! Something has gone disaterously wrong - not sure it'll do any good, but I'm asking for a clerical check. You never know!

Chris
Chris - Sorry to hear you've not passed.
I'm in the same boat. I too felt quite confident (as confident as you can be after sitting 2 three hour exams!) but have done worse in these exams than I did in what I thought were much harder exams in January. I too am going for a re-mark although am sure it'll be a waste of time. There's definitely something not right with the marking.
Blaydon1

Post by Blaydon1 »

Thanks, maquirky - have I read that right - you took two exams in July!? If so that's some going - hat's off to you for even attempting it. I've just plucked up the courage to check the examiners report, but it only seems to have half the questions on that came up on my paper - not sure how they can comment on the performance of candidates in the report if the questions weren't in the exam! Good luck with the re-mark.

Chris
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Looks like another tough results day if the replies here and on the forum for my distance-learning provider are anything to go by. This and January's sitting are the first I've seen where I'm hearing about many more fails than passes (I've not read of a single pass so far today, but about 6 fails!). Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I do wonder if it's to do with the syllabus change? These two sittings were the 'overlap' ones between the old and the new.

Anyway, stay strong, guys, and best of luck for the re-marks/re-sits.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy