NVQ Level 5

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Demoman10

Re: NVQ Level 5

Post by Demoman10 »

Hi julesastevens :wave:

I'm currently doing the NVQ too and find the questions to be ambiguous and also very very repetitive! Not sure if I'm missing the point sometimes but genuinely feel like I'm answering the same question 3 or 4 times!

Good to see you've found some support on here, though is there a study group that you're aware of? I've had a look and can't find anything. If not I'd be interested in starting one, even if it's just a few people to pass ideas by.

Thanks
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Hi Demoman. :wave:

A very warm welcome to HSfB. Good to have you aboard. .salut

There is a study forum, but not connected to HSfB.

http://hsestudygroup.proboards.com/
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Vikingr
Industry Sector: Construction

Post by Vikingr »

I've just completed the qualification and was fortunate enough to complete it through a local college. This involved five individual classroom days in which the assessor would go through with us one by one which evidence satisfies the criteria and also what content should be included in the story boards. In short more or less decoding the nonsense words that appear all over the qualification. Of course they cant strictly give you "Answers" because everyone's story board is different but they sound utterly unhelpful.

I'm so pleased that I did it this way and not through an online provider but I do feel your frustrations, I think I would have been the same.

If I can be any help just let me know .salut
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Vikingr wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:38 pm I've just completed the qualification and was fortunate enough to complete it through a local college. This involved five individual classroom days in which the assessor would go through with us one by one which evidence satisfies the criteria and also what content should be included in the story boards. In short more or less decoding the nonsense words that appear all over the qualification. Of course they cant strictly give you "Answers" because everyone's story board is different but they sound utterly unhelpful.

I'm so pleased that I did it this way and not through an online provider but I do feel your frustrations, I think I would have been the same.

If I can be any help just let me know .salut
congrats Many congratulations viking. Fantastic news and great advice. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy