Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Smudger207
Student
Student
Industry Sector: Offshore Oil & Gas

Re: Diploma Results

Post by Smudger207 »

Thanks all, I would like to say it was a breeze but that would be a lie. A lot of studying is the only way, ../. now I can get some of my life back. .cheers
redspelly
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by redspelly »

Congratulations to all that have passed the Diploma exams and for those that have received referrals, don't give up - it only makes the sense of achievement even more satisfying when you do get the pass. Its hard work for sure but well worth it in the end.
Robborobbo
Student
Student

Post by Robborobbo »

Passed my Unit C exam with 51%, I thought the exam paper was relatively easy, cant seem to work out where I lost marks.

Do Nebosh purposely mark candidates down to keep pass scores low? The only thing I can think of is I didn't outline enough.

Anyway that's all three exam units passed first time, just need to finish my Unit D report and get it submitted .cheers
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Robborobbo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am Passed my Unit C exam with 51%, I thought the exam paper was relatively easy, cant seem to work out where I lost marks.

Do Nebosh purposely mark candidates down to keep pass scores low? The only thing I can think of is I didn't outline enough.

Anyway that's all three exam units passed first time, just need to finish my Unit D report and get it submitted .cheers
congrats

I believe they do not mark you down, just mark as per their guide and explain on the examiners report (published some time later).

Good luck with Unit D ../. ./thumbsup..

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
ivilla
Student
Student

Post by ivilla »

Bit of a downer over on the RRC forum as a large number appear to have failed unfortunately and feel they don't want to carry on. It has been tough for me so far but have been able to pass all first time. Having spent a lot of time in education and as a result have taken a lot of exams over the years, I wonder if this is the difference. I know it is not always the case but it appears that many taking it are not from academic backgrounds (this is by no means saying they are not intelligent). If the first proper exam you face is Unit A and you do badly I can see how it can affect confidence going forward. Fortunately for those who struggle with exams, there are now two other routes via the NVQ or the NCRQ qualifications.

Best of luck to my fellow professionals whatever you decide to do going forward.
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Robborobbo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am Passed my Unit C exam with 51%, I thought the exam paper was relatively easy, cant seem to work out where I lost marks.

Fantastic RobboRobbo! clapclap clapclap clapclap
congrats
Good luck with your submission. .salut
ivilla wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 am Bit of a downer over on the RRC forum as a large number appear to have failed unfortunately and feel they don't want to carry on. It has been tough for me so far but have been able to pass all first time. Having spent a lot of time in education and as a result have taken a lot of exams over the years, I wonder if this is the difference. I know it is not always the case but it appears that many taking it are not from academic backgrounds (this is by no means saying they are not intelligent). If the first proper exam you face is Unit A and you do badly I can see how it can affect confidence going forward. Fortunately for those who struggle with exams, there are now two other routes via the NVQ or the NCRQ qualifications.

Best of luck to my fellow professionals whatever you decide to do going forward.
Sad news for your colleagues ivilla. Some useful thoughts from you. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
laurae
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by laurae »

I agree, I think the marking is low. I've come to the conclusion that unless you work in each area of topic you cannot go into as much detail as NEBOSH require for the higher marks. Unit C was so hard for me as I do not work in any of the environments really so I was pretty much teaching myself the topics through revision, but in Unit B I did work in some areas and felt like I knew the answers rather than revised them.

It's a tough qualification!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

I passed unit C, and thought we were pretty lucky with the questions (I felt like the angels has smiled upon me when I saw the workplace traffic long question). Very, very happy to see the back of those exams.

But I'm also studying with RRC, so have also seen the same posts as ivilla. It seems to be Unit B that was the killer - the B exam has been described as a 'bloodbath' and I've only heard of one person that passed it this sitting, and they got a much lower mark than they hoped for. It's pretty hard to see what sounds like experienced, committed professionals with a great attitude to H&S throwing in the towel with the Diploma.

The marking does seem very harsh. 70 and above seems to be a 'very good' score, but that still means that 50 or so marks have been dropped, which is a lot. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting marks in then 90-120 range ever.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

congrats on Passing Unit C

Welcome to the forums :hello2:

Good luck with the rest of your Diploma ../.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Robborobbo
Student
Student

Post by Robborobbo »

Does anyone know what the average score / percentage is per exam paper, for example 45%, 56% pass mark etc.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy