Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

ivilla
Student
Student

Unit C exam

Post by ivilla »

How did you guys find that?

Thought I did ok overall but got thrown by the brewers vessel and the CDM question. Could be close!
Robborobbo
Student
Student

Re: Unit C exam

Post by Robborobbo »

Hi.

Also sat the Unit C paper for the first time today (hopefully the last), I didn't find the paper "too" technical, the questions on fire risk assessment & MEWP were gifts for 20 markers.

If my memory serves me the following questions were asked:

10 Markers

Confined space entry
Design mitigation of a building due to fire or explosion
Explain interlock guards and disadvantages during use
SSOW for working on dead electrics
Factors to consider when designing a new traffic route on a waste site
CDM question on pre information from client

20 Markers

Control measures of a MEWP
Factors in a fire risk assessment and powers of enforcing authority
Factors to consider when working at height at 5m to change light bulb fittings
EU New machinery question
Last one cant remember as i didn't attempt it, on chemicals.

Agreed, the vessel question threw me, I treated it as a confined space entry question regarding factors to consider for safety.

As for the CDM question, I probably didn't score much on the first two sections and hopefully picked up 4 marks at least for the third section.
Last edited by Alexis on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ivilla
Student
Student

Post by ivilla »

Did the 2 20 pointers that you mention and the CE question too.
Robborobbo
Student
Student

Post by Robborobbo »

I see my section of the post which stated the subjects examined in unit c have been removed by the admin team, how does this contradict the Nebosh copyright as I only posted the subjects examined and not the exact questions word for word?
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexisHSfB

Post by Alexis »

Robborobbo wrote:I see my section of the post which stated the subjects examined in unit c have been removed by the admin team, how does this contradict the Nebosh copyright as I only posted the subjects examined and not the exact questions word for word?
Hi Rob. This was myself that moved some of the content. As you yourself mentioned in your post, the content was very close to the mark of the questions, thus my reasoning for their removal, however..........

The very last thing we want to do is to offend any of our members or remove content that would assist others, so I will take on board your query and discuss with our Moderator Team as to whether reinstatement is applicable and if so, I will be the first to apologise. .salut
"A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle."

Hundreds of FREE Health & Safety Downloads Here
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Alexis wrote:
Robborobbo wrote:I see my section of the post which stated the subjects examined in unit c have been removed by the admin team, how does this contradict the Nebosh copyright as I only posted the subjects examined and not the exact questions word for word?
Hi Rob. This was myself that moved some of the content. As you yourself mentioned in your post, the content was very close to the mark of the questions, thus my reasoning for their removal, however..........

The very last thing we want to do is to offend any of our members or remove content that would assist others, so I will take on board your query and discuss with our Moderator Team as to whether reinstatement is applicable and if so, I will be the first to apologise. .salut
Hi again Rob.

As promised, please accept my apologies on the borderline removal issue. :notworthy: You were correct to question the edit. ./thumbsup..

Your content has been placed back in the original post for everyone to benefit from. :)

Good luck everyone with your results. :)

redspelly
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas

Post by redspelly »

I think its also worth noting that the questions that have been asked this week will be in the improved examiners report - happy days!
Robborobbo
Student
Student

Post by Robborobbo »

Thanks Alexis, didn't want to cause hassle. Yes the revised examiners reports have returned to the old standard showing the question and a brief outline of the answers.

Best of luck for anyone who sat their exams last week, now the long wait until March 31!
Alexis
Official HSfB Legend
Official HSfB Legend

Post by Alexis »

Robborobbo wrote:Thanks Alexis, didn't want to cause hassle. Yes the revised examiners reports have returned to the old standard showing the question and a brief outline of the answers.

Best of luck for anyone who sat their exams last week, now the long wait until March 31!
Never a hassle to correct things Rob. .salut

Good to know they too can do turnarounds to benefit Students. clapclap

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy