Getting on with NCRQ? Interested, though prices gone up!

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Indy
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Getting on with NCRQ? Interested, though prices gone up!

Post by Indy »

Hi all

I'm interested in the NCRQ Diploma and wondered how people were getting on with it? I do prefer to study in classroom environments but wanted to find out if it was lots and lots of reading on theory?

I've missed the boat on the prices - they've all just gone up to £450+vat per module...erk!

Regards

Joanne
laura81

Re: Getting on with NCRQ? Interested, though prices gone up!

Post by laura81 »

Hi Joanne,

It's brilliant - I'm making really good progress on it. It's all about understand they concepts and applying them to real life, so there is not much studying of the details of theories, more looking at concepts and models. And it's not a case of "here is the theory" - you study a case study first, and then they very cleverly get you to work out the principles yourself - it's very well put together.

There's loads of good feedback on here - if you search in the top right for NCRQ you will see lots of feedback.

Happy to PM if you have any specific questions.

Best of luck with it!

Laura
Indy
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Post by Indy »

Thanks for the response, Laura - I'm quite keen to give it a go but haven't responded well to distance learning before but there is something different about the offer which I think I'm quite interested in exploring.

How are you finding the time requirement?

Looks like I'll be finding the cash somehow!
laura81

Post by laura81 »

Hi,

Yes it doesn't really feel like distance learning. You are guided through the workbooks and online activities, so it's very interactive, not just sitting there reading. There are loads of activities where you research and write things down in your workbook, so it is more like a classroom structure. You also get a personal tutor who is there 7 days a week and responds within minutes (mine's a former HSE inspector so very knowledgeable about the real world). And the student support forums let you chat with other students and tutors, so you can bounce things around.

It is supposed to take 120 hours or so per unit, but in reality takes me a bit less then that. Because it's actually quite a fun way of learning, I find I keep quite motivated and am making good progress. I wouldn't judge it against other distance learning courses.

Enjoy!

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy