Self development advice

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Kirkceleciagib

Self development advice

Post by Kirkceleciagib »

Hi all.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for the weekend, i just have a few questions which hopefully someone can help me in.

I have currently achieved my nvq lvl 5 in occupational health and safety and looking for a new challenge. I have been looking into the NCRQ and wondering if any one has had any advice for me for this one or any others.

Apart from the lvl 5 i have few other course as i am building my portfolio so i can venture out into different field. Finally i was also wondering if there is any advice on what courses i should undertake before conducting any consultancy work.

Many thanks and have a productive day

GIBKIRKCELECIA
Adrian Lancs
Jnr Member
Jnr Member
Twitter: @adyinaccy
Industry Sector: Con Space/WAH/Water Utilities
Occupation: SHE Manager for company specializing in engineering within high risk confined spaces often utilizing rope access (IRATA) primarily within the water utility sector.

Re: Self development advice

Post by Adrian Lancs »

The NCQR is more of an alternative to the NVQ L5 rather than something to do in addition. To develop and gain more knowledge you may be better placed looking at perhaps the IEMA cert to widen your learning. Depends on if you are going to specialize in a specific field. I am heavily involved in confined spaces so did the L5 C&G 6150-61 managing confined spaces which builds on my NEBOSH certs and NVQ. Also consider joining IOSH or IIRSM, maintain CPD and progress that way.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy